Page 3

Dakota's pov
Caleb took me to the bathroom, and had me sit on the toilet. He grabbed the first aid kit from the self. He took out certain tools and begin to dig into my bite wound.

"Sorry, but when I looked at your leg a bit ago, I seen a tooth dug into it pretty good" Caleb said softly. I flinched and he dug the pliers into my skin. A few seconds later he had gotten an wolf tooth dug out. I began to bleed badly. I covered my mouth before I could scream in pain.

We both heard a knock on the door, and jumped to see my mother standing in the door way, pale.

"Momma... I'm fine!" I panicked. She walked over to Caleb's side. "What on earth happened?!" She freaked. Caleb looked at me. "I went on a walk last night, and seen Caleb about to get attacked. So I climbed a tree, and helped him into it. The wolf attacking him jumped and caught hold of my leg. I passed out and Caleb took me to his place and cleaned me up." I explained.

My mother looked both worried and relieved. "No more going on walks at night, yes?" I nodded to reply. Mother walked out of the bathroom. Before leaving she turned to Caleb. "How do you know what to do?" Caleb shrugged. "My mom was a nurse." Caleb replied. And that was it.

After Caleb finished cleaning my leg, he stitched the wounds and helped me to the kitchen. "It's been a long day, but I have to go home." Caleb started for the door. My mother and I waived good bye, and he left us.

That night, I laid in bed, the pain in my leg kept me up, but so did the thought of Caleb. Mom had taken me to the doctors after Caleb left and had my leg checked if it was broken. Sure enough, it was. I had crotches by my bed. What will everyone think since I was gone yesterday. How will they react when they see me on crotches? 

I fell asleep panicking.

Caleb's pov
I cleaned the rest of the house up. Dad seems to be bout late tonight, so I have time to get this place spotless. My hands shook as I cleaned vomit out of the carpet, changed the light bulbs, and scrubbed the blood stains off of the floor. The only thing keeping me going was the thought of being left alone for one night.

I crept upstairs after vacuuming the stairs, and I swept and mopped the bathroom floors. I made my father's bed, and cleaned my floor. I fell asleep after cleaning.

The next day:
I woke up to my alarm clock going off. I turned it off as soon as I heard it go off. I hurried to get ready for school. Father was awake, and stood in front of the door.

"Bastard, why is there blood still on my couch?" He spat at me. I started shaking. He raised his hand and struck me. My face stung, but I just took it. He punched my lip, and I tasted blood. He opened his pocket knife and stabbed me in my stomach. I just took it.

After my father had stopped, I grabbed my shoes, and backpack, and limped my way to school. Blood poured out of my stomach and I just held my pressure to it. I coughed up blood.

Arriving at school was easy to hide from everyone. My hood was up, and everyone was crowded around the front doors. I walked to the back doors. 

Once in the building I limped to the bathrooms and tried to get the blood washed out of my hoodie, off of my hands, and wrap my wounds. I heard the door open.

I don't have the energy or the strength to hide, so I stood there. My back bare, and blood dripping into a puddle under me.

I felt the person's eyes stare at me, and I heard the door shut behind them. The lock was latched into place.

"C... Caleb?" It was a familiar voice. I turned around still grasping my wound. "Dakota?!" My eyes widened. We stood there for a while just gazing at eachother. Dakota had crotches, and I had open wounds.

"Don't say a word to any one..." I muttered. He nodded, setting his bag on the floor and helping me clean the blood I had tracked in. We both cleaned in silence and Dakota stitched up my wound. I watched as he wrapped up the stitches.

He had a gentle touch, and his hands were a bit cold. Dakota looked focused, and worried. When he finished stitching me up, he looked at me. His green eyes were gentle, and my gaze explored his face. From Dakota's jaw line, to his flushed cheeks, and his plush lips. His brown hair falling into his eyes.

"Caleb... Would you mind telling me what happened? Why are you stabbed?" He looked honestly worried for me. "I can't tell you!" I stood up, to quickly though and fell over. Going unconscious.

Dakota's pov
I watched as Caleb fell. I caught him before he hit the floor and I jumped to get his hoodie on and to the nurse's office. Caleb's hoodie was soaked, there was a whole in it where he got stabbed.

I struggled to carry Caleb to the nurse's office. I was practically dragging him on the floor since I have crotches.

Jaden walked around the corner, he was staring at his phone. "JADEN! Jaden I need help!" Jaden jumped at the sound of my voice. "Dakota? The fuck are you dragging him around for?" I glared at him. "Please, Jaden, help me!"

Jaden carried Caleb for me. "Thank you so much Jaden, I owe you!" I told him. We got to the office and I opened the door for Jaden, holding it open and telling the nurse that I was helping Caleb and he passed out.

Out of no where Caleb started shaking violently and blood was starting to spill out of his mouth.