Page 9

Caleb;
I grabbed Dakota by his wrist and I pull him to the back doors in the castle. I pick him up when I get there and I see my mom and Brooke already outside. They were starting to get the doors to the cellar open, but weren't successful. I set Dakota down and I open the doors for everyone.

I took Dakota and set him in the cellar. I ran out and got Quin and Noah and rushed them to the cellar too.

When I got there another crash came in and I started getting worried for our kingdoms people. I packed back and forth and tried thinking of ways to save the kingdom, but nothing came to mind.

Brooke was by Dakotas side as Dakota rocked back and forth on the floor. He breathing was pitched and I could feel as the ground, and walls kept shaking. Quin held onto Noah and my mother stayed calm on her pile of blankets that were set up down here for any emergency.

I gasped for air. I didnt realize I was holding my breathe.

"Caleb, your going to get hurt, sit down." My mother spoke. I couldn't sit down, I was to anxious to sit down.

The shaking stopped. We waited an hour before leaving the cellar. We all walked to the front of the castle, everything was how it was before the shaking started. It was ok.

We all walked down to the town and everyone bowed, or waved at us as if nothing had just happened. We asked around and everyone said there wasnt shaking, or very small shaking on the ground, not very noticeable. We glanced at one another and we all looked at the castle. It was fine as it was.

As a group we walked back to the castle. I held onto Dakotas hand and I grasped it tightly, not wanting to lose him. We all opened the doors slowly and everything in the castle was knocked over. The attacks must've been directly towards the castle, and no where else.

We all started picking paintings off of the floor and sweeping glass and broken crystals into a dust pan. We took the diamonds and other jewels into a pile and when we finished tidying up the castle offered them to the villagers.

We all cleaned our own rooms. When we got into our room, it appeared to be in a bigger mess then any of the other rooms. Dakota started picking of his mothers picture, and some of her other possessions while a few tears fell to the floor. He stared at his mothers cracked frame, her favorite picture of herself, Dakota, and his father. The glass concealing the picture was shattered and Dakota picked the glass out of the frame.

I kneeled down and held him close to my chest. I stayed like that for a few minutes before going to our bed and clearing of any glass, broken wood, and other things that could hurt us. I double checked for anything dangerous on our bed just in case I missed anything. When I double checked the bed I was blinded by a something reflecting the light from the window. I picked it up and it looked like gold, but it was covered in red ink. I set it aside, and looked for more clues in our room. I found more pieces of gold on our nightstand, and dresser. I looked in the closet and I found one single rose quartz, and I picked it up. When I had all of the pieces to the gold pieceI had found, I pieced them all together. There was one piece missing.

That was the piece that held the rose quartz in it.

I set the gold pieces aside and noticed that all put together makes a crown. I looked over my shoulder to check on Dakota, he was still on the floor. Staring at his mothers picture. He was shaking a bit. He must be crying. I walked up behind him and seen that his thumb was bleeding. Must've been cut my some glass. I picked Dakota up and set him on the bed, he held onto his picture and I kissed his forehead.

"Hey Dakota, my I see your picture? I'll bring it back." I asked politely. Dakota shakingly handed me the picture and I held it in my hand. I kissed his cheek and with my free hand I brushed his shaggy hair put of his face. "I love you." I said softly and walked out of the room.