Page 10

Dakota;
I woke up and seen the small golden necklace on my nightstand, and a note.

I glanced at the note, and picked up the locket. I opened it slowly and seen the small portrait of my family inside. I started to tear up a bit and set the locket down again. I got up and went looking for Caleb. I went to open the door, to have it slammed into my face.

I felt tears crawl down my cheeks, and I felt my nose began to bleed. I looked up and seen Caleb rushing to the dresser.

"Calebbbbb!!!" I growled. He looked over my way and rushed to my side and helped me up. "Sorry love, I didnt know you where up, or behind the door." He kissed my cheek, and I held onto his shirt collar, pressing my thumb against his lips, and pushing him away.

"Soo, why in a rush?" I asked, holding my bleeding nose and walking to our bathroom. Caleb shrugged, "well, I found golden pieces everywhere and I just now found the missing piece, and it makes a crown." I had the bathroom door open, and I was grabbing tissues from the counter.

"Good job." I said. Grabbing clothes so I can start a bath. I stuck my head out into the main room and seen him busying himself with the golden pieces.

I sat down in the warm water, and watched as it rippled softly. I felt better. Knowing my mom was somewhere above, and I knew she was doing her best wherever she was. Like she always did.

I hurried and washed my body, and dressed myself. I went back into our room and looked over to see Caleb still working with the pieces. He had it all together, just needed to set them to dry.

"I think this is what that Greedy kingdom is looking for."

I wrapped my arms around my prince. "Baby, you can always send them a letter, and tell them to come here in a little bit. How does that sound? I'll even go fetch you a maid to get you a quill and some ink and paper." I dropped my grasp on his neck and started for the door.

Caleb grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his chest. "Stay here my love." Was all he said. I got flustered and looked up into his eyes. Damn being short can be so great sometimes! Especially when you want to be adorable.

I kissed his cheek and glanced over my shoulder towards the door. Caleb grabbed my chin and lifted my head to look him in the eyes. He smiled and left a kiss on my cheek and nuzzled his head on my shoulder.

His breathing tickled my neck. I giggled a bit and let out a sigh. Wrapping my arms around his waist. We stayed like this for a good few minutes.

Caleb let go of me and walked over to the desk again. Picking up the crown and turning it in his hands.

"Let's go show my mom, so shes awear of it at least." Caleb lifted his free hand out for me to take it. We both went downstairs, hand in hand and went to the library.

"Mom, I've been finding these random pieces of carefully made, but shattered gold pieces every where, and for some reason, and it made a crown. Thought I should show you." Caleb set the crown on the desk.

The Queen set her book down, and glanced at the crown. I let go of Caleb's hands and something, I dont know what it was, pulled me towards a certain book shelf. The ladder hooked to the bookshelf called me too it. Or did it?

I climbed up the ladder and pushed myself to the side, the connection got weak, I pushed myself back and the connection got stronger.

I skimmed the book covers. My fingers brushed over one. It zapped me. I jolted, then grabbed the book.

I looked at the title, I couldn't read the language it was in, but I took it anyways. Climbing down from the ladder. Thumbing through the pages. Then I stopped.

The pages started to flip themselves, back and fourth. Then it stopped on a page.

There was a... Poem? I looked at it confused.

Natures first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold
Her early leaves a flower
But only so an hour
And lead subsides to leaf
So Eden sank to grief
So dawn goes down today
Nothing gold can stay.

I read the lines carefully, what did they mean? Caleb and his mom looked at the crown and I studied the poem. I know what Eden was, and I've read this poem before. It's by Robert Frost, and I studied it in middle school.

I glanced over the pages and the more I looked at the pages, the more the art stood out. After the poem, the pages showed a visual representation of Eden sinking to grief, and dawn going down. Then the crown was shown.

I studied it. The pieces scattered, the rose gold quart in being raised above all of the other pieces. Why? I turned the page, and all I saw was blood. Limp bodies laying every where. One man sat at the top. His throw was made of bones, his golden crown sat on his bloodied head. I dropped the book, and I started to feel faint.

Something wasnt right, the energy coming off of the crown, the pictures. The kingdom, the demention. All of it, it felt wrong. I fell to the floor.

Caleb;
I heard a book fall and I turned around. Dakota was pale and his nose began to bleed. He started losing balance and I rushed to his side. He fell to the floor before I got to him, he didnt move, he didnt breathe, he just laid limp on the floor. Mother rushed to get a nurse and Dakota started to convulse.

Hours later;
I held Dakotas hand as if I felt like I was going to loose him. Mom was studying the book that fell from his hands and I sat at our kingdoms hospital and held onto dear life of Dakotas hands. The doctor came into the room.

"Hes ok, just needs some rest. His stress levels seem to be high, and his heart rate is doing better then it was earlier. Hes doing great though!" The doctor set a smile on his face. I gave him a smile back. I didnt really try to though. I stayed in the hospital with Dakota last night. Holding his hand and falling asleep.