Chapter 5: Story 1

Within this dark forest, there lived a monster, no one knows what it is, no one knows what it looks like, enter this forest, you will never survive. This creature, will kill anyone who goes in or near the forest. "Honestly, that's not real" Oscar said, "You sure about that? I heard there were two people passing by and the next day, they went missing!" Kevin, Oscar's best friend stated. "They probably ran away from home" Oscar stated not caring about how his friend is scared about it, "Seriously, why aren't you worried about it?" Kevin asked him, "It's not real, those are myths or rumors that humans made, if there was a solid proof I would believe it, but no one has a solid proof" Oscar stated and walked ahead of Kevin, "It's because the people who have witnessed it never survived" Kevin added looking at Oscar, "Friend, you should go home and get ready for the trip tomorrow" Oscar stated and looked at Kevin, "Alright, see you tomorrow Os" Kevin said as he continued walking in a different direction. Oscar started walking the other way and finally got home, "I'm home Mom!" Oscar shouted as he closed and lock the door, "Welcome home Oscar, are you ready for the trip tomorrow?" His mom asked him, as Oscar entered the dining room to see his mom busy with a lot of paper work, "I'm just gonna prepare some stuff for tomorrow" Oscar stated, "I'm going to prepare dinner" Oscar remarked as he left the dining room and went in the kitchen to prepare their dinner. Oscar's dad went missing after passing that dark forest, Oscar believed that he just left them.

"That's sad" Clara stated, "May I continue?" Elliot asked and Clara nodded.

Oscar and his mom have been living quite fine, though they just have to work harder to earn money so they can pay for the bills and buy what they need for them to survive. Oscar has finished cooking the food and his mom prepared the table so they could eat dinner. "Enjoy your school trip tomorrow okay?" Oscar's mom said as she started to eat her dinner, "Of course mom" Oscar said and he continued eating. Once they have finished eating, Oscar's mom started to work again while Oscar is cleaning. Once he finished cleaning he went in his room to prepare for his trip tomorrow. "Even though I don't believe those rumors, I must prepare something if I ever get in trouble" Oscar stated as he prepared his stuff. Deep down Oscar believes the rumors. He even saw what the creature look like, but he denies it and believed he was just hallucinating. After he finished preparing for tomorrow's trip, he went to sleep.

Morning came and Oscar was ready to leave, "Bye mom" he said and left the house, he started to walk and met up with his friend, "Hey Kevin" he greeted and looked at his friend "Dude, I'm ready to face the horrors of the dark forest rumors, I have garlic, onions, a cutter, a pair of scissors, and two swiss army knife" Kevin said and Oscar was surprised that he brought those stuff to the trip, "What about snacks or lunch for you to eat?" Oscar asked him, "Oh, I have those as well" Kevin replied and they walked together to school.

Oscar

We finally arrived at our school and our homeroom teacher went to check the attendance. Eventually there were five students who are absent for the trip. The class went in the bus and I sat beside Kevin, "You ready?" Kevin asked me, I looked at him and just nodded. The bus started to move and everyone is seated at their own seat. The two of us just looked outside the window, looking at our environment. The whole class was silent when we finally left the town, the bus stopped and then our homeroom teacher stood up, "Okay everyone, we all should not be scared at this part of our trip, we are going to pass by the dark forest, please stay calm and stay in your seats" the teacher announced, I looked at Kevin, i knew Kevin was nervous, a bus passed by us and then our bus started to move again, "Want to exchange seats?" I asked him, Kevin sat beside the window, knowing that would scare him, he shook his head "No, I want my friend to be safe" he states and he hugged his bag, "Alright then" I replied to him and I gripped on my bag that was on my lap.

Our bus was moving slowly, even the bus in front of us, "They are taking extra precautions" Kevin stated as he pointed something outside the window, "Look, we're near the forest, there were accidents as well that happened there, as you can see that car over there" he added, I looked at the car and that car looked familiar. Then I just realized, "That's my fathers car" I whispered then Kevin looked at me, "Condolences" he said and looked at me, "Thanks" I replied, 'Could it be? Was my father a victim of that certain creature' I thought as the bus started to run a bit faster. "What's going on?" Kevin asked, "LOOK!" The people at back of the bus pointed at something. "Something is chasing us!" They were starting to panic, then the bus in front of us started to move sideways, "The driver in that bus-" The bus crashed into a tree to our left side, "This is bad, the monsters know we're here" Kevin gulped, "Here" Kevin gave me one onion, one garlic and one of his swiss knife, "Wha-" "Take it, put it in your bag or clothes at this point" He said and I followed, I put the onion and garlic in my pockets and hid the swiss knife in my jacket. Then as I try to look at the front, the bus collided on a-