Chapter 7: Oskaroth Part II

Oscar

"Well done" I heard someone slowly clapping behind me, "Are you the one who made this curse?" I asked, "I see you have found out, and as for your question.. yes, it was me after all" this person is still hidden in the shadows, "Why would you create a cu-" "Obviously I was bored, and one human started it all" I was cut off by this person, "That human begged" the voice started to get clearer, the voice sounded like a male, "What did that person beg?" I asked, "To survive the cruel ways if mother nature" he chuckled, "To survive days without food, in this cold, being alone. Humans can be very selfish" he stated as I still stared at the shadows, "I obviously wanted help, and so I did, but then, it turned into a creature. I never wanted for it to be like that, I can't kill one of them" he stated with sadness in his tone, "But you have just killed one now" I stated, "And you have killed your own blood" he replied as I could see him grin, "Now I would tell you how to finish off this curse, Kill those creatures, wipe them out. Prove them that humans are more stronger" he said and as I felt wind hit my face it was silent, I walked towards the darkness and found a weapon, "Use this...it could help you" a voice whispered near my ear, "To finish off this curse...Once and for all" I stated as I held the weapon in my hand and started to walk back into the forest.

It has been two days after I met the one who created the curse, I was killing these creatures with no regrets anymore. I killed them with the weapon that I found on the ground on that day. As I stab the creature in front of me, it withered away. It's been four days after that day, yet I haven't eaten something and I ignored how my stomach is starting to grumble loudly.. I might as well die in starvation while I'm in a quest of doing what needs to be done. On the fifth day, I came to find the bus that crashed and went inside to look for rations. Unfortunately, it's all but empty boxes lying around the seats. I had no choice but to use it for shelter as I took a rest. It's the Sixth day, I never felt hungry this way before.. I started hunting down god-knows-what out in the woods. Luckily they don't actually come as a group. Perhaps their instincts tell them to hunt on their own as I also did the same. It's the sixth night, I feel lost and confused.. I wondered.. "If what I'm doing is right, or.. is it even right? I don't know anymore.. I'm starting to lose myself long enough to turn out like those that I've seen lurking around every night.. this must be the reason why they tell me that.. "The curse cannot break, unless they use it on someone else..". I was restless.. rather feeling insomnia for some reason why I couldnt sleep that night. Seventh day, I just killed two of these creatures and I heard his voice again, "Last one, and the curse will be gone" he stated in a playful manner and as if it's at the right moment, the creature appeared right in front of me, "Last one and you'll be free" he whispered near my ear, I could feel his hands on my shoulder, then he pushed me. I started to run towards the creature, they often attack but this one, it didn't. "Oscar?" It said as I just stabbed it into it's chest, the creature transformed. Into a human, and I knew who it was, on that moment. I regretted everything, "My, my, you have finished every creature, what kind of human being are you, killing off your own blood, killing you best friend. A murderer perhaps? Or you just lost your sanity?" He stated behind me, "Shut up" I mumbled, I stared at the dead body of Kevin, "Are you regretting everything? You finally have finished off this curse" he said so happily, "Shut up" I said it a bit louder this time, "You knew you could've escaped and warn people out there not to enter, but noo, you killed every single one of these creatures" he continued to speak while threw away the weapon and faced him, shouting, "Shut up!", he was silent for a moment while I just sat on the ground and looked down not wanting to see his face. I heard footsteps and I knew he was walking towards me, "There's a way for him to be alive" he stated, I looked up at him to see him grinning, "All you have to do is sleep with this dead body for a night and by tomorrow morning, you will feel his presence near you again, you will see your best friend moving again" he stated as if I had a choice, I was desperate at this moment, I didn't even thought of the consequences as I just nodded, "Good, now look at that, it's evening, sleep tight my friend" he said and with that he disappeared. I laid down next to the lifeless body of my friend and fell asleep.

Elliot

"The next morning, he woke up, and realized the body wasn't even there anymore, he looked everywhere in the forest, but he cannot find his friend. Oscar went up to the cliffside to find the mysterious person, he was smiling, and said 'My, what a wonderful desperate creature you two are'. THE END!" I finished as the other's looked at me, "That's just brutal" Miss Clara stated, "I just read this at some website" I added, "And we're in a forest and it's night time" Alfred remarked as I sat down on the log and Sumire gave me my chewy hot marshmallows. "That makes the story better" I chimed, "The creature sounds like a Wendigo though" Miss Clara said while staring at me, "Yeah, those creatures are fake as literally fake" Dunce stated while eating the chewy delicious Marshmallow. "I believe it is really fake because it's just a myth" Miss Clara stated as she looked at Sumire, "R-right" Sumire stated as she fixed her glasses.

Sumire

I fixed my glasses while I ate the marshmallows on the stick, "Who will tell the next story?" Clara asked, "What about Sumire?" Elliot stated, as he pointed at me, "She could probably tell a story that isn't worth hearing" Dunce stated, 'I agree with Dunce' I thought, "I think Dunce is right" I stated, "Nonsense, everyone will tell a story no matter how bad it is" Elliot stated and that just made me feel worse even more, "Don't listen to the words they say, just tell what you got" Alfred stated as I just looked at him and nodded.