Prologue

The best way to wake up is with a big and loudly yawn. I stretch my arms high in the sky, while looking around at the same room of every day, before pulling myself up from my warm and cozy bed. I'd love to sleep a little more but It's work day, so I quickly change of clothes and head to the kitchen. I usually eat some cereal and milk to start the day, it's a fast breakfast. 

BZZzzz

I dig my phone out of my pocket and look at small white square that suddenly pops out with one more dull blare. The only thing the square shines, besides the hour, is: /Message from M0M/.

I unlock my phone, only slipping my finger on the screen, and look at the not big message, /I told you, they're coming. Turn on TV/. I sigh, putting the bowl of my fast breakfast in one side, and walk into the living room.

The TV remote was laid over couch, exactly don't know why but it was always in the same position. I pushed the typical red button and set the volume almost in max. —their claims, witnesses have presented photos where we can see clearly some lights in the sky and with a very strange form. People is commenting on their social media with the #UFO or #ALIENS but the government still quiet to this. . . comments. In a few moments we're going to have a conversation with the astronomer and NICAP member Collin Murray, that is going to explain u- — I finally turn the TV off. Enough craziness to hear.

I lay the control remote on the couch and grab my back-pack. I always leave my house very early because I live far far,but far, away from every life form, and drive to my work. I work in a big restaurant but only until 3 o'clock. Then I drive to my dad's old workshop, that's not too far from the nearest town of my house. And finally get back home at 8, or sometimes 9 pm.

Next day same. Drive to restaurant. Then drive to workshop. And finally drive back home. I enter and close the door quietly behind me. It's always the same routine, but I don't complain, I'm used to it. I prepare my bag with a clean chef suit and some other clothes.

And finally, lie down on my bed, with nothing more than my boxers, and put my phone on the floor. I used to touch my bed, fall asleep and wake up at 5 or 6 am. But this time, I woke up.

I pick up my phone and turn it on  —remaining blind for a few seconds by the strong bright light —, 4:48 am.

And I heard something on the living room. I quickly stand up and quietly walk into my big closet. I put some clothes on and take an old baseball bat singed — I remember the day, in my youth, when my dad came to my house and gave it to me, he told me to take good care of it because it was signed, and now I was about to break it in half on the head of who knows who's there —.

I slowly walk outside my room with the bat on my hands. I couldn't see nothing, too dark for my eyes. I could only hear another sound. Someone breathing, more like panting, in the living room.

"Who's there!?" I yell a little scare, but there's no answer. I squeezed the bat with my hands and get closer to the couches of the dark living room. Then I heard another noise, like some muffled growls or someone really injured, or maybe drunk. I get closer where the sound came from, raising the bat very high. Until I step on something. I don't know what was it but I hear a big and loud scream.

I scream too and run into the light's switch. Once the lights started shining, I quickly turn around. It's a very strange creature, like an animal but more. . . human. He looks like a wolf, with gray—and some white— fluffy fur. I raise the bat again and the strange creature raise its hand in protection.

"Wait! Don't kill me" Says the wolf. 

It can talk, CAN TALK. Oh my god, what's this.

"Who. . . Who are you?" I say, still squeezing the baseball bat with my hands. "You stepped on my tail!" Replies angrily the creature grabbing his fluffy tail.