I will

My mother stands up from the couch she was sitting and grabs her red-yellow purse "Well guys, I think I should keep moving" She says smiling at us. Collin stands up, wagging his tail from side-to-side, and gets closer to her. My mother hugs him, very tight for a few seconds, then she gets closer to me "I just need to talk with William" She says.

I stand up "Hm. . . Okay? I think. . ." I say looking at Collin. "It's okay, I'll wait here" He replies smiling. I smile at him too, then I walk to the front door. I open the door and let my mother to leave first, then I leave and close the door behind me.

I look at the sky, it's in the typical bright orange-dark blue of the sunset, with a warm wind. I open the driver's door for her, while she climbs up her car. Then I get on the passenger seat. "Ok, what do you want to talk?" I ask looking at her. "C'mon, not here" She says turning the car key to the side with a smile.

She starts driving to the road, while I'm watching out the window. Looking how the sun is disappearing in the horizon and how the dark blue sky is slowly covering everything. I look at her "Mum, I can't leave Collin alone too much time. Where are we going?" I ask. She smiles "We are close" She says looking at the road. 20 minutes later, she parks the car.

I get out of the car and look around. There's a huge lighthouse, few people walking through the door of the giaenormous post, and the sun still –almost— entirely hide in the horizon. I turn around, my mother is standing behind me. "Why are we here?" I ask looking at her.

She sighs "Will, here. Exactly in this place, was the last time I saw your father" She says looking at the ground. I get closer to her "Mother. . . why are we here?" I ask again. She looks at me "There's something that I can't tell you. . . You never knew your father, that's why I wanted to show you this place. Here's the last time we saw your father" She says, looking at the top of the lighthouse.

"Mom, What's is that you can't tell me" I ask confused, looking at her. "I can't. . . at least not here, or not now" She says looking at me. 

Then she takes my hand "Listen, Will. Your father was a great man, he was my perfect man—" She chuckles a little, but with a sad looking. She drops his looking to the ground "—and. . . well. . . and you are like him, not in appearance, but you really are like him. But he preferred other things. . . that's why you must stay with Collin, he needs you. Really needs you. That's why I asked you to give him a chance" She says squeezing a little my hand.

I look at her "I gave him, at first I really was about to call the FBI" I say in a joking tone. "No Will, that's not the chance. He needs you in his life, and I think you too" She says, raising a hand on my cheek. I look at other side, thinking. I hear her letting a heavy sigh "Just promise me that you'll take care of Collin". I smile, looking at her, me squeezing softly her hand this time "I will".