Trust in your feelings

The doorbell rings a couple of times. Collin opens the door and my mum hugs him. I, chuckling,  walk inside the kitchen and finish preparing the basket of food. She gets closer to me and gives me a kiss on my cheek. 

Then we leave the house and get closer to the little wooden boat. "Where are we going?" Asks Collin. "Oh, there's a small island in the middle of the lake. You are going to love it" Says my mom grabbing his hand and pulling him inside the boat. 10 minutes crossing the lake, and we reach a small island. The boat pushes up onto the beach, I hop out of the boat and help my mother to get down. Then I help Collin. 

My mom and Collin sits on the sand, while I grab the big basket of food and put it in front of them. I open it, and after a small research, I take out a couple of small sandwiches. I give one to my mother. Then I sit next to Collin and give him the other one. 

We stay quiet, hearing the water moving slowly and some birds winging and singing in the trees around. Felling the warmth of the sun hitting in our faces. Then my mum whisper something to Collin's ear and stands up. "I'm going to walk around, I'll be right back" And she walks away, with a hand on her head.

I look at Collin next to me, "What did she said?" I ask confused. He didn't move, he stays looking straight, sit hugging his knees , "n-nothing". I raise an eyebrow and grab the basket. He gets closer to me and looks at the basket. I open it and start looking for something to eat, when Collin pulls me into him.

He pulled me into a kiss. It felt. . . nice, weird. My eyes are wide, his closed, as he presses harder against my lips. I don't know how much time we stay like that, but for me was a long time, then he separates and, slowly, opens his eyes. Then he, blushed, looks at other side, "Sorry. . . It was for everything you did. . . for me". I smile, "My mom told you to do that?".

"Well, she told me to trust in my feelings" He says unwrapping his sandwich. Then my mom comes back. She sits down next to me. And we talk. We talk for a long time. Until the sun begins to descend towards the horizon of the lake, so we get back home. I put the basket in one side and sit in one of the couches of the living room. 

My mom left a few hours later and I stay watching movies with Collin. He's lied down, resting his head on my lap, watching a type of Roman movie. "Hey, you're sleeping" I hear Collin while I open my eyes. "No no, really great movie" I reply rubbing my eye. He chuckles and keeps looking at the movie. I'm trying my best to not fall asleep again, looking at the son of the Emperor named Aurelius do what he's doing for a peacethreathing, I think. 

And a long time later, the movie finally finished. He stands up and looks at me, with a smile. He grabs my hand and pulls me up the couch. Then we walk into the bedroom. I change in more comfortable clothes and lie down on the bed. He takes off his shirt and lies down, hugging me.