Unique

I walk into the living room and get closer to the light's switch.

Give him a chance. . . A chance for what?. . .

I turn off the lights of all the house and walk back to my bedroom. Collin is lie on the left side of the bed, very close to the edge, waiting for me. I turn off the lights of the room and lie down on the other side of the bed. "I really like your mom" He says looking at me. "Yeah, I didn't expect that reaction from her. But she's really nice" I say looking at him. I move a little to get most comfortable as possible and close my eyes.

I start thinking. Thinking on everything. All the possibilities, the bad and good things of having Collin in my house. But what should I do? Throw him on the street, run away and call the police?. I need to buy him clothes, but he can't leave my house. What happen if someone sees him? What would happen to me? He's a great guy, I can't just throw him and walk away. Maybe that's the chance my mum's talking about. But. But. . .

I wake up. I look at Collin, he's resting a hand on my arm, with his ears flat down, "Are you ok?". I start breathing calmly, "Yeah. . . maybe it was just a nightmare. . .". He gets closer to me and cuddles up against me. I stay frozen, it's the first time I could feel his soft fur. It felt really nice, and comfortable, very warm. "I think you watched too many movies" I say hugging him with one arm. "Maybe" He replies.

And I wake up, morning this time, and see Collin sleeping with his head on my shoulder and his hand on my chest, my arm still wrapping him. I stay motionless for some minutes, until he wakes up. He sits down on the bed and lets a small yawn. He stands up and leave the bedroom. I stand up and stretch a little.

I need to buy him clothes. . . I need to show him more things to do. . . And I need a shower. . .

I hear the back door. I walk to the back door and open it. I look at him, stand up looking at the lake. I get closer to him, he's making the breathing thing, the yoga thing. I chuckle and stand next to him, doing the same. "What am I?. . ." He asks.

I look at him, "What do you mean?" . "I'm not normal in your world. I'm not a human. So, what am I?".

I let a sigh, "People often make that question to themselves as well. And they don't know what to answer, because they don't know who they really are. Nobody is similar in this world, maybe in appearance but nothing else. You are lucky to be different. You are unique, even in your specie are unique. You are not an alien that came to the earth or a simply wolf that can talk and walk. You are Collin. And that's what make you spe-"

He hugs me, very tight. I hug him too. Few minutes later, we walk back inside the house. I prepare two bowls with milk and cereal and we start having breakfast. "Today we are going to buy you some clothes" I say looking at him. "But what about the people" He replies worried. "I'm sure everything it's going to be all right. Like how they said, no risk no gain".

After breakfast, I take a quick shower and change of clothes. "Ok Listen. If you want to shower with cold water, move the lever to the left, and hot water to the right" . "Got it" He replies with a smile. I close the door and dig my phone out of my pocket. I start looking on the maps for stores that are not very known, because almost nobody goes there, but there's only one store around. And the bad things is that the old woman, owner of the store, knows me. 

I hear the door of the bathroom. I put my phone back to my pocket while Collin gets closer to me with a towel on his waist. I start laughing. "What so funny?" He asks. "Your fur, is fluffy" I say walking to the bathroom. I grab a hair comb and get closer to him.