Am I ready?

"Bye mom" I say waving her while she climbs on her little Honda. "Bye mum" says Collin, waving too, next to me. I laugh looking at him. I hold his hand and we enter to the house. "So, what do you want to do now?" Asks Collin wagging a little his tails from side-to-side.

I look at him with a smile "What do you want to do?". We walk to the living room and I sit down in a couch. He sits down next to me, still wagging his tail. I put an arm around his shoulders.

He just looks at me and leans against my side. I turn on the TV and quickly change to a movie channel. It's a romantic movie, I'm not too much into romantic movies, but I think Collin likes to watch every type of movie. I carefully drop the control onto the floor and watch the movie.

// 

The girl lies down resting her head on the boy's lap, looking up to the starry night. The boy starts caressing her hair but then he stands up. "Listen. . . Mary" Says the boy. The girl sits down looking at him, "Yeah?". He grabs her hand and helps her to stand up. "There's something I want to tell you. . ." He says holding Mary's hands.

"We spent long time together and everything. . . You know I love you right?" Asks the boy, trying to sound most normal as possible. Mary chuckles "Of coourse you dummy, I love you too" She replies.

They lean forward for a kiss, but then the man separates, grabbing her cheek. They stay like that for a few moments, then the boy takes a deep breath.

"Well. . . there's something I want to tell you. . . and I think now I'm ready—" He lets a sigh "— Marry. . .". He slowly let fall a knee on the grass, in front of her, and puts his hand on his pocket. He takes out a small blue box and opens it showing it to her. Inside, is a hard silver ring with something written in the border of it. 

The woman covers her mouth, in a surprise, with her hands. While the boy swallows nervously "W-Would you. . . marry me? . . ." 

//

I look at Collin. He's focused on the movie, with his ears lowered and tail moveless. I look at other side thinking.

The next day. I wake up very early and look at him, he's hugging me, sleeping. His hand is on top of my chest. I slowly, and very carefully, put my hand on top of his. I look at his finger, I wonder, should I do it? Or maybe not . . . But, I really want to do this? . . . Am I ready? . . .

He starts moving a little, hugging me tighter. I sigh looking at him. I stay lie down looking around, thinking, wondering. Then he wakes up. He sits on the bed and starts rubbing his eye. A few seconds later, he lies back down looking at me with a smile.

I chuckle, smiling, before standing up. "I need to go to the restaurant today" I lie looking at him. He nods standing up too, "Ok. I'll be here". I change of clothes and walk into the kitchen.

I grab a pan and take some beacon out of the refrigerator but he grabs my hand. "Hey it's okay. I can do it" He say looking at me. I giggle a little. "What?" He asks. "Nothing. I'll be back in a couple of hours" I say. Then I start walking into the door.

I leave the house and look at my hand. I'm forming a small circle with my fingers, like making an Ok sign but with a way smaller circle. "Your finger is not that big compared to mine, Collin. . ." I say to myself, chuckling, walking to my truck. I climb in and start driving away, heading to the nearest town.