Knocking on the door

I stretch a little and look at the lake. I like that view, I always did, and close my eyes. I started breathing slowly, kinda noisy, like a yoga exercise. It feels really nice. Then I open my eyes and look at Collin, standing next to me with his eyes closed and his ears lowered. I smile and close my eyes. "I always liked this feeling. . . of peace. . . the silence of the forest. . ." I say breathing slowly, loudly, again.

I hear him repeating my breathing exercise. "It feels good. Very pacific" He says looking at me. I grab his shoulder, softly this time "Hey Collin. You are a good guy. I sorry for yesterday. I was really scared". He looks at me and smile raising his ears, "It's okay. I was scared too. You are a good guy as well".

I smile and look back at the lake. We stay there for a couple of minutes, inhaling and exhaling loudly. Then we enter back to the house. I sit in a couch of the living room and he sits next to me. "I need to buy you some clothes. I would like if you come with me but I'm sure everybody will freak out when they see you" I say looking at him. He chuckles, "Yeah I know". Then someone starts knocking the door. I stand up very quick. Collin grabs my hand, "I hide?. . ." He says almost whispering. "No no, it's okay. Maybe it's a lost family or something" I say walking into the door. I open the door a little and stick my head out. "Mom. . ."

She opens the door and hugs me, "Hey son! I texted you but you didn't answer, so I came". I pull away and held her by the shoulders, "Mum, I think this is not the right moment. . ." I say looking at her. She cocks her head, "Why? You have a girl inside? Or a boy? I don't care, I'm happy for you to be with someone" She say smiling at me trying to peek over my shoulder.

"No mom, it's. . . You will care. Now, can we go to other site?". She crosses her arms, "What do you have there? A death body? I want to see". She starts trying to enter but I block her.

What am I going to do. . . If she finds Collin I'm death man. Oh my god. I can see the FBI around my house with me inside a trunk of a car and my mouth taped.

She keeps trying to enter and then I feel someone touching my back softly. I stay frozen. My mum opens her mouth wildly in shock while Collin smiles at her. "Hello, I'm Collin" He says showing her his hand. My mum, shocked, slowly held it but Collin leans forward and gives her a kiss on her hand, like in the Egyptian movies when a servient greets its pharaoh.

I see how a big smile slowly starts forming in my mom's face. Obviously, she's going to have an exciting attack so I pull her inside my house and close the door. She grabs Collin's hands and pull him into the couches. I get closer to them while they sit on the couch. "Mom, Collin can't remember anything since he woke up in my house, so all the questions you have will be in vain." I say looking at her – because I knew she was going to start bombarding him with questions –.

"That's true" Replies Collin. She starts caressing Collin's cheek while his tail starts wagging softly from side-to-side, "Ok, I'm not going to ask". I walk into the kitchen "Mom, Coffee or tea?" I ask.

"Coffee please!" She answers from the living room. "Collin, what about you?" I ask. "Tea please" He answers. "Change my mind, Tea please" My mum replies. I chuckle and start preparing two cups of tea. Minutes later, I walk back to the living room with Two big rep Cups of Tea and hand one to my mum. She grabs it "Thank you". Then I hand the other one to Collin. He grabs it and starts blowing it softly "Thanks".