Just Wondering

Few weeks pass. And the stores are still closed. I wake up, feeling the soft and warm fur of Collin in my chest. I give a small kiss on his head. "Wake up" I say while he starts moving a little. "I'm. . . up" He says falling asleep again. I chuckle a little and stay lie, caressing his head softly.

It's being weeks. . . long weeks. . . But the people still talking about the Aliens. . . Why don't they just leave? Why are they staying? If several people say they have seen some creatures walking around, then is it that they are looking for something? But what? . . . Will they be looking for Collin? . . .

Collin sits on the bed, killing my thoughts, and lets a yawn. I look at him, "Now you are up". He smiles at me and lies back on the bed, hugging me, again. I hug him too, but I can't help but wonder what if he, one day, is taken or simply disappears?. . . Or he just leaves? "Hey" I hear him. I look at him "Yeah?".

"What are you thinking?" He asks, looking at me. I look at other side "Nothing. . ." I lie. He softly shackes my shoulder "C'moOon, tell me" He says smiling. I chuckle "Ok ok, I just. . . was wondering if one day you'd be taken back to the place you belong, or dissapears. . . or simply leaves. . ." I say, letting a sigh. He hugs me again "I'll always be with you, trust me" He replies, "I'll promised for Et stellas" He says chuckling.

I look at him "Et stellas?" . "Yeah, the Empire in the Roman movie" He replies.

I chuckle "Oh. Well, for et stellas then" I reply with a smile.

Few minutes later, I stand up and walk into the kitchen. I start preparing breakfast while Collin leaves the house through the back door, he really likes making the breathing yoga thing.

We finish having breakfast and I walk into my room. I change clothes and get closer to him. "Okay, One" I say looking at him. He nods sitting on a couch, hugging his dog plush, "One". I leave the house and pick up a small tool's case that lays next to my truck. Then I start walking, in one side of the road, straight. I walk for a long time, until I turn to the right, getting closer to a small house. I knock the door twice and wait. Few seconds later, the old woman –same woman of the clothes shop I went with Collin, weeks ago— opens the door.

"Hello Ms. Patterson. Where's the problem?" I say looking at her. She smiles, "Oh it's in the back of the house. Thank you for coming". I round her small house and look at the back door on the floor. I pick the door up and examine it. Then the woman appears behind me like a ghost, "It's too bad?" . I look at her over my shoulder, before looking back to the door"No, only a few nails came out. Nothing to worry about".

I fixed her door. Very quick, it wasn't big deal. Then she gets closer to me, "Do you want me to take you home? I see you didn't drive here" . I shake my head in no, making a gesture with my hand "It's okay. My friend is picking me out". She nods with an Ohhhh and walks inside her house. I stay stand next to the front door of her house looking at my clock, 12:55.

I wait for 5 more minutes and then I could see my truck, making the turn and heading directly to Ms. Patterson's house. I could see Collin through the windshield, smiling at me. He parks the truck in front of the house. I get closer and climb on the passenger seat "You really came at One" I say looking at him. He chuckles, "You said One".