I Scattered Hannah's Ashes

Ashes to ashes and distrust of loneliness shatter the lonely position of neutral. 

Punctured wounds and broken bones to match

All fifty-two cards on the table

The doctor said Hannah had less than a week to live

A week of loneliness scattered in ashes

A map sat on the table beside Hannah. She checked the places she had wanted to go but couldn't (unless cancer stops coursing through her veins).

The doctor looked down and away.

The lonely position of neutral rested its shoulders on her head. 

Hannah's memory drifts her to sleep to another time and space, to another place where laughing and life made life what life is. Everything happened under scattered ashes of love, life, and pain. But it happened all the same. 

Right, or wrong, Hannah's sense of self came to a head as her insecurities crumbled beneath her intuition. 

Friction and trustworthiness crashed a thought left hanging in the air of a solitary semblance of solace. The pressure builds from pain to the presence of loneliness. 

Loneliness shattered Hannah, and the constant panic building, letting anyone get to know her—and not the superficial Hannah, but the sweet, loving, and lonely Hannah. 

Hannah's final breath escapes her lips like a vapor in the west coast wind.

I scattered Hannah's ashes along the Columbia River.