The Dead Angel and Demon (PART 2)

"Yeah?" Percy asked, opening the door. Annabeth was standing with her arms crossed behind him, scowling at Percy. Percy himself was wearing a tank-top, and bleeding a little from some sword or knife wounds. "Oh, hey, guys. Come in."

Percy moved out of the doorway and went over to the angry Annabeth, who was holding some medical equipment. She shot Alex and Magnus a smile before frowning at Percy. She pointed at the couch, "Sit."

Grinning sheepishly, Percy sat down in front of her on the couch.

"What happened?" Magnus asked, standing awkwardly while the angel cleaned the demon's wounds.

"This idiot decided to take on more monsters than he could take on at once." Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Also, he wouldn't let me help. Told me to stay up here because by the time I got down, it would've been useless."

"Well, it was true, Annie." Percy defended.

"Don't call me Annie." Annabeth replied.

"You didn't tell me you moved in with Percy." Magnus tried to start conversation.

"I just did, Magnus. Yesterday. Anyway, what's up?" Annabeth explained, not looking up from helping her boyfriend. Percy was sitting as still as he could, but his leg still bounced up and down.

"Can't we come to hang out?" Alex asked, looking up from where she stood in the kitchen. She was currently raiding their food. Annabeth shrugged.

"Usually, people only come around to us when they need something, but, hey, I'm not complaining. No one's trying to kill me at the moment or wanting me to go on some stupid quest." Percy explained.

"Nothing's going on at the hotel. Alex got bored and kidnapped me." Magnus joked.

"Actually, Maggie, you held the door for me on our way here. You weren't kidnapped. You came willingly." Alex grinned. Magnus groaned.

"Please don't call me that, Alex." Magnus pleaded. Alex ignored him. Percy laughed at this, causing his body to move. Annabeth scolded him and told him to stop moving.

After a few minutes, Percy  spoke into the drowning silence, "Am I better now?"

"Mhmm. All done." Annabeth answered, standing back up from where she was bent over. With that answer, Percy grabbed Annabeth and pulled her onto the couch. Annabeth squealed in surprise, and giggled a little. As Percy fell backwards, Alex could've sworn she saw very transparent grey(gray?) feathers moments after Annabeth went out of view.

"Percy!" Annabeth laughed, and stood up, the mysterious wings unseen. There was a loud thud from the other side of the couch, to which Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Come on, get up."

Percy, grinning, hoisted himself up with the help of his girlfriend. Then the couple went into the kitchen where Alex stood, along with Magnus.

"So you guys came for food?" Percy asked, opening the near-empty fridge.

"I did. I don't know what Maggie came for." Alex shrugged.

"I came because you did," Magnus said, giving up on fighting Alex about the name. Realizing this, Alex grinned happily at Magnus, to which he couldn't help but smile back.

"Aww, cute. Anyway, what do you want to eat? We got bread, yogurt, and milk. Hey, Annie?" Percy turned to Annabeth, "Where did the yogurt come from?"

"I picked it up on the way back from meeting up with Will. We went into a store to get some stuff." Annabeth explained, grabbing a yogurt and eating it. Percy shrugged, and grabbed a yogurt too.

The two couples decided to play some games and just talk for the next couple hours. After a while, Alex looked at the time.

"We should get going. We snuck out, so they'll be wondering where we are. Thanks for having us over." Alex explained, pulling Magnus up. Percy nodded, Annabeth had fallen asleep on him while they talked. He waved awkwardly behind himself while the two Norse demigods left his apartment.

Alex grabbed Magnus' hand while they walked back to the doorway to the hotel. Neither one said anything about it. The two's hands clutched tightly, they both had something they were worrying about. Little did they know, the problem they both faced also involved the other. So they went for the closest comfort for themselves, each other.

"Come on, Maggie." Alex grinned, pulling Magnus towards her room once they were in the hotel. Alex opened the door and pushed Magnus in, and closed the door behind her. She turned back to Magnus who was looking around, studying the room. The room was filled with pottery that littered the surfaces with sculptures, jars, bowls, and cups. Magnus picked up one particular sculpture. It was of a golden retriever with a snake wrapped loosely around his neck.

"This is really good, Alex." Magnus commented, turning the sculpture over in his hands. The two animals were not normal, they both had small wings. The dog had small feathered wings, and the snake had the smallest bat-like wings.

"Thanks." Alex muttered, gently taking the sculpture back and putting it back where it was on the table. Magnus continued to look around the room. He smiled.

"You're really good at this pottery stuff. All I can do is make little rolled-up snakes." Magnus continued, pouting at the fact he stated.

"I can help you, Maggie." Alex grinned, pulling Magnus to the potting equipment, and showed him how to use it.

The two didn't really notice it, they knew something was supposed to make them hate each other. They knew the other's secret, they had been in each other's mind, after all. So they didn't look twice when they noticed the new things on their backs.

"This is how you do it, Maggie." Alex rolled her eyes, showing him how to properly do what he was attempting. They two also didn't notice that Alex's wing started to stretch toward Magnus, and gently wrap a little ways around him.

(Part Two End)