Close to a Panic Attack

Nico 1st

I was napping. Will told me that if I didn't, he wouldn't let me have anymore McDonalds. So I fell onto the couch and tried to nap. I honestly tried. But I felt this little buzz in the air, one I had previously connected to danger or distress. I lifted my head when I heard the lock click in the doorknob. Will came into the apartment, seemingly not all there. It was as if he wasn't thinking, working automatically.

"Will?" I asked quietly, a little scared. Will set the keys on the table, and his hands shook. That got me up. "Will, what's wrong?"

"I-I.." Will stuttered, unable to make a sentence. He pulled me to him, shaking his head.

"Will, what is it? What happened?" I asked again, my worry creeping into my voice, causing it to shake a little. Will didn't respond. I gently pulled him to the couch and sat him down. Will's breathing got a little shakey, and his gaze stared into nothing. Panicking a little, I grabbed Will's phone and searched for Rachel. I had done a little research, and figured that the Oracle would know pretty much everything about Astrals. Finally seeing her contact, I hit the call button.

"Yes, Will?" Rachel's voice came through.

"Rachel, there's, there's something wrong with Will." I stammered.

"What's he doing?" she asked quickly.

"Nothing! It's like he isn't there. What's wrong with him?!" I tried not to sob out.

"Nico, calm down. Breathe. Where are you?" Rachel ordered.

"M-my apartment." I replied, trying to breathe, like Rachel ordered.

"Okay. Keep breathing, I'll be there in, like, two seconds. I'm literally around the corner." Rachel said. My head shot up when I felt Will shudder. Then he slumped, almost falling onto the ground. I released the phone from my grasp and pulled Will back up onto the couch. Will's face was pinched in pain.

"Will!" I gasped, trying to get a response. My head snapped up for the second time within the last 5 minutes when the door opened. Rachel came over to where I was on the couch.

"Okay, what happened? Tell me everything." Rachel ordered.

"I-I was just sitting here, a-and he came in, b-but it wasn't h-him! He w-was spaced out. He just stuttered and, a-and wouldn't do anything." I gasped.

"Did he say where he was going this morning?" Rachel asked.

"He said that Jason c-called him, t-told him that his father was calling Annabeth." Rachel nodded at this.

"Okay. I'm going to call Jason." Rachel explained, pulling out her phone and speed-dialing Jason, and putting it on speaker.

"Yes, Rach?" came Thalia's voice, "I'm kinda busy at the moment."

"What did Jason call Annabeth and Will for?" Rachel asked.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I have my suspicions." Thalia said.

"Thalia, please just get to the point. I'm about to have Nico pass out from panic. Will apparently is out of it." Rachel basically growled.

"Oh, great, he jumped on that bandwagon too." Thalia grumbled. "So basically Annabeth was banished, and the others went with her. Will, Jason, Reyna, and someone else I never heard of."

"They WHAT?!" Rachel shrieked.

"What does this mean?" I asked quietly to not let my fear into my voice.

"It means that Will is becoming a Fallen Angel, or Banished. Thanks, Thalia." Rachel calmed down, and ended the call, turning to me, "Will will be acting a little odd for a short while. It should only last for a few hours. That's the longest any angel has been like this. Not many get into this stage, but I think he's been thrown into it because of his father. Apollo is one of the gods that's mainly an angel, being the sun god and all, and angels are correlated with light."