28.

𝘕𝘢𝘧𝘴𝘢

"Looks like your about four months pregnant, your stomach if fairly small but by the time you are five to six months you definitely going to be bigger." The doctor rubbed the Probe around my stomach. "Would y'all like to hear the heartbeat?"

"Yes!" Keontae said before I could even get a breath out.

The doctor laughed pressing a button, "The father is definitely happy."

"Yes ma'am." I held Keontae hand looking at the Monitor.

"Alright the baby is still really small, so give me a second." She moved the probe around more.

Hearing little thunds my heart melted pouting. A little human was literally growing inside on me right now. "Wow," Keontae mumbled next to me sniffing.

"Love to see young parents getting along, I'm going to prescribe some prenatal vitamins you need to take every day, your next appointment is the 30th of next month . Any questions?"

"She been throwing up everything she eats."

"Most likely it's the food, try to eat healthier foods for right now, and when the cravings hit it should die down if she can't eat anything just get in contact with me." She handed him a pamphlet, "She walked out closing the door.

I took some napkins wiping the Gel off my stomach. "Speaking of food I want some Seafood."

"Didn't she just say healthy?"

"I truly don't care because I want a seafood bag from Top Crab." I sat up putting a n my slides.

"You not getting none." He opened the door slapping my head.

"Okay."

Fuck him. "You need a new car my baby not getting in this fast ass shit."

"Oh, you mad now?"

"Keontae stop talking and feed me. I ain't eat since last night." I huffed trying not to cry. I can tell this journey about to be hell.

"We back together or?" He drove off cutting his music off.

"I don't trust you so no."

"So we gone ignore that face I haven't slept with anyone in four months?"

"Yes. You cheated with an old bitch that's disrespectful."

"I barely cheated."

"I barely care."

He mumbled something before turning his music up.

As much as I want to try us again I want to focus on my child and self first. "I'm moving." He looked at me crazy swerving, "To a house dumb ass I know you ain't just tried to kill us."

"Got scared for a second. I don't care tho." He stopped at the red light looking in his glove department taking out a bag with pills in it.

"I know fucking lying," I mumbled to myself snatching the bag. "Better take them shits with your bitch in the car, not me."

"You don't care about me, why it matters to you?"

Reverse psychology?

"Never said I didn't care about you. I'm not getting in another relationship when I know were not going to be our best."

"Clearly I'm at my best."

"Popping pills? You ain't never been this dumb, better leave them shits alone before you be in a crack house."

"Crack and pills are two different things."'

"Not for long. If your taking them to relive pain and  be focused. you're going to get used to it then you have to get something stronger to fulfill that void."

"Shut up trying to sound smart, you ain't no damn therapist." He laughed it off.

"I don't have to be one to be educated on simple shit like that you damn idiot."

【________】

"You tearing them damn crab legs up child." My grandma gave me a napkin.

"They good." I wiped my mouth smacking Jaylen's hand. "Better get the fuck back."

"Ungrateful ass kids, fuck are you so hungry for."

"Because I can be." I rolled my eyes chomping on my corn.

"At this point, I need me a refund. Grandma looks at what my barber did to my head." Trell took off his hat.

We quietly stared at him shocked. Half of his head was cut basically, a fade on one side then the other an afro.

"Oh sweetie you need to beat his ass, cause."

"Yeah cause you gone have to cut all your hair off."

"Don't cheat in your barber." I shrugged laughing at him.

Trell head snapped my way, "You wearing wigs stop talking to me."

"Your hair messed up, mine not we not on the same level." I touched my natural hair looking at him.

"Blah blah, you barley can reach your own car foot pedal short ass."

My phone rang just as I was about to respond to him, "Incoming collect call from Keontae."