Chapter 3

Having showered I find myself lying on my bed starring at the ceiling replaying the day over and over in my head. How soft and gentle Ewan was and how he seemed to just watch me, without flirting or using cheesy chat up lines.

A soft knock at the door. "Can I come in" Kate asks before not waiting for a reply and plonking herself down at the end of my bed.

"How was your sexy private lesson"

"Fun"

"Come on tell me all the gossip, I can tell you like him"

"Kate!!!"

"I see written all over your face. What where you daydreaming about before I walked in"

I can feel my cheeks going red. How does your best friend always know what you are thinking?

"So did you get his number" she says winking at me.

"Kate! That's none of your business. If you must know, no I didn't get his number."

"Shame you two would have made a cute couple."

"I've gotta go to work can we catch up tomorrow." I say trying to get her to leave.

"Fine, but I want to hear everything tomorrow."

I head of to work before she can catch me again.

..................................................

Thud thud thud. I wake up startled.

"Suzi wake up your going to be late"

"Come on Suzi wake up its 5 to 9."

Shit I've overslept. Why didn't my silly alarm go off!

"I'm coming" I shout back as I hurry to get dressed. Before sprinting across the grass to the main building and running up the stairs.

I swing past the canteen grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl before heading up the stairs again to the staff room.

As I slide in the staff room door I hear the meeting begin. My manager glairs over at me before looking at the clock. I can tell from his expression that he isn't impress.

I suddenly hear him talking.

"Can someone give me the weather" his eyes scan the room he lingers on me for a few seconds.

Please don't pick me, please don't pick me I'm thinking in my head.

His eyes move on "Kate" she rattles off the weather without hesitation. Few that was a lucky escape.

The groups get allocated out and yet again I am left until last. To my surprise I have another private lesson this time kayaking on the river.

As soon as the meetings over and not wanting to bump into my boss I head straight up to reception to check my pigeonhole to find out who I will be teaching today.

Running my eyes down the paper to my surprise I see his name! and an even stranger request.

Name: Ewan Taylor

Age: 24

Kayak Private Lesson

Special Requests: Instructor Suzi Dickson, lesson must stop for lunch near pin mill.

Shrugging to myself I head down the stair and back to the shack. Throwing everything I need for a day on the water into my dry back I head out to my car.

"So, who is a lucky girl" Kate says as she is walking towards me.

"What?"

"You get to spend another day with Ewan."