Chapter 10

I wake up feeling hot. Tossing the covers off I feel the heat of the sun on my skin. Opening my eyes, I notice that there are port holes which have covers that I had not noticed last night when it was dark, allowing the sun to stream into the bedroom.

My mind wonders straight back to last night and Kate, I must get up and check on her. I hurry over to the wardrobe pulling out a bikini, shorts, and t-shirt. Pulling them on I head towards the door unable to get this damn button on the shorts to do up.

Heading down the corridor towards the stairs which lead down to Jess's room I still can't get the button through the hole. "Argh" I hit something hard not looking where I was going and land painfully on my bum.

A tears springs to the corner of my eyes through anger and embarrassment, but I blink them back. My eye notice what I hit, wondering from a tanned muscly pair of legs up to a set of board shorts hanging low on the hips, exposing a ripped set of abs. I can feel a flush creeping up me before I look to the face. Ewan is standing their muscle tense, jaw tight looking straight ahead with an angry look on his face. With that I feel the heat in my cheeks burning bright for all to see. This is not how I wanted my morning to start, I know he will already be piss about last night from what Amil said, but I had hoped to avoid him a little longer. I take a sharp in take of breath trying to calm myself and stop blushing.

Ewan looks down at me, his eyes narrow, before he relaxes his jaw and offers me his hand. I shakily place my hand in his and he pulls me up with ease. "Hi" I almost whisper before turning to look at him again.

He stares me straight in the eyes, I see something flash across his face before he masks it. "I think we need to talk" he states bluntly. I guess I should have seen this coming, but I would have preferred to check on Kate first.

Ewan turns and strides away from me and I have to jog to keep up with him. He stops abruptly and I almost run in to him but manage to brace myself only brushing against his arm slightly as I stop next to him. Just this slight touch gives me goose bumps. I take in my surroundings, we are in the gallery area where Jess appears to be cooking, Ewan looks at her and nods,

"Could you give us a few minutes.'"

"Yeah sure thing" she switches the stove off and walks back the way we just came.

Ewan places his hand on my back and gently pushes me forward until we are standing in front of a dinning area, he gives me the look as if to say sit, so I do.

There is a long silence with neither of us speaking both collecting our thoughts. I decide to go first, "why didn't you call me" I blurt out. His head snaps around and to look at me "what.." he begins to say before he regains himself. "What was that stunt last night?" he changes the subject. I feel myself getting hot with anger, he want to blame me for last night yet he didn't have the curtesy to call me and let me know what he had planned this weekend. "You want to discuss last night" I almost shout at him "I think the least you could have done was called me these past few days and told me what you had planned for this weekend, then I would have known that you planned to pick me up on Friday night and wouldn't have gone out with Kate." I am breathing hard having rambled that out in one breath.

He looks at me almost in disbelief at what I just came out with. I can see him thinking before he reply's "well I am sorry that you feel that way" he takes a deep breath "I didn't call you as I was busy with business these past few days. I wanted to surprise you and I didn't think it was like you to call in sick to Fred, so I was really worried about you, when I couldn't find you at the shack I started to panic that something had happened to you" he sighs.

"If you had of called me then I could have told you that I was going out with Kate" I don't add that I only went because I was down about Ewan not contacting me.

"I am not sorry about Amil dragging you away from the Club, from what I hear your friend is in a bad way and it could have been you!" I hear his voice breaking. I haven't known Ewan that long, but he actually seems to care about me, most people I come across couldn't give a shit about me.

"I am sorry too, I know that you have to work, and Amil was just looking out for us, to be honest be probably saved Kate from a worse fate" I don't even want to think about what could have happened if he hadn't of picked us up.

"Truce" I say hoping that this will bring and end to this tension between us.

"Truce" he reply's, giving me a smile.

"Now can I go check on Kate please" he looks at me before raising an eyebrow and responding "not quiet yet."

In an instant he leaned forward and pressed his soft lips against mine. The kiss was slow, soft and delicate at first but soon became more intense with each kiss laced with more passion. Once the shock wore off, I began to return his kiss with equal vigor. He wrapped his hand around my waist drawing me closer to him, my body started to tingle with him being so close to me.

I was brought back to reality by something.

"cough, cough"

Ewan broke the kiss leaving me breathless and looked over my shoulder and rolled his eyes. "Really" he sighed, I turned my head to see who it was only to find Amil stood there arms crossed eying us both up, I instantly felt myself getting hot and a blush creeping across my face. Not knowing where to look I turned away from Amil and rested my face into Ewans shoulder, which should have seemed so wrong but it felt so right. Ewan wrapped his arm around my shoulder holding me close to him.

"Dude what do you want?" he asked Amil.

"Is that how you greet your brother in the morning, I was just coming to check to see if you where up and ready for breakfast. We will be arriving at the bay shortly and I didn't think you would want to waste any time" he raised his eye brows and then gave them a wiggle.

I could feel Ewan's muscles tensing under me, he didn't like Amil interrupting, what followed was a long silence neither brother wanting to speak before the other. I could not stand it any longer the more we sat there looking at each other the more uncomfortable I feel and more embarrassing the situation felt to me.

Pulling away from Ewan I slipped out from under his arm, sliding off the seat before standing.

"Right I am off to check on Kate" with that I turned and headed off to find Jess's room and my best friend leaving the brothers to sort out whatever was going on between them.

.................................

I find Kate sitting in Jess's room, on the bed with her back against the headboard and a tray with fruit and a glass of water on her lap. She looked pale and tired, with large dark areas below her eyes. I do hope that she doesn't blame me for what happened to her.

We talked while Kate pushed her food around her plate, she forgave me for last night but was confused as to how she ended up here on the boat for 'my' weekend with Ewan. Once I explained about Amil coming to the club and bringing both of us here she seemed more relieved as she couldn't remember anything about last night. I really didn't mind that she was here with me as it kind of made me feel more at ease, however I could tell she was uncomfortable with it.

"Its not like you can go back home now Kate we are on a boat at sea" I tease her.

"Well I could jump over board and swim back to shore" I roll my eyes at her, "in the state you are in right now I would like to see you try" we both look at each other before busting out laughing at least she can see the funny side and smile at the state she has gotten herself into.

"There you are" Jess says leaning against the door bringing us both out of our laughter.

"I am glad to see that you are feeling a bit better" she looks towards Kate and gives her a small smile.

"Breakfast is being served upstairs, how about you head up and eat and let Kate get some rest" I look across to Kate who still looks tired she nods and gestures towards the doorway.

"Go or Ewan will find out what your hangry bear looks like" I roll my eyes at her, she's one to talk about having a hangry bear...