Chapter 11

I head back up to the galley where I find Ewan and Amil sat at the table which is full of breakfast food with their heads together whispering so no one would hear what they were talking about, but the expression  Amil showed on his face made me think that he really wasn't happy about something.

Ewan must have sensed I was there as his eyes meet mine and he cracks me a big smile while Amil shuffles uncomfortably in his seat. "Come take a seat and eat with us, Jess has cooked up a storm." He taps the empty seat next to him. I do as he suggests and slide in next to him, to which my stomach decides this is the moment to let everyone on board know that I am hungry by letting out the loudest rumble you did ever hear. I quickly look down at my hands as I feel the embarrassment rising to my face.

"I take it you are hungry then, lets waste no more time and eat" I can't bare to look at Ewan in the eyes as I feel slightly awkward at what my body had given away.

He hands me a plate before he piles it with pancakes and fruit for me. The smell is amazing and makes my mouth water before I have even tasted it. I reach out to grab the maple syrup, only to miss judge it and send the bottle tumbling across the table. Lucky the lid was on and Amil catches it before it rolls off onto the floor. Could this morning get much worse... I think to myself.

"That was lucky... hear let me" he unscrews the top and goes to pour it onto my pancakes. I don't know what comes over me but anger starts to rise, I shoot him a look to say back off I'm not a kid and he immediately turns the bottle back up right and hands it to me. I don't know what's come over me, but I really need to get my emotions back under control. I have had years of practice and normally they stay right where I hide them but since meeting Ewan they just keep slipping out before I know it.

We all sit silently in the galley and begin eating I can feel that there is tension between the bothers if only I knew why I might be able to help them with it. I cut into my pancakes taking a big bite, man they taste so good, Jess is one hell of a cook. I add some more syrup as I can't get enough of the sticky goodness. My next bite is just as good as the first, I can feel the sticky syrup all round my lips and it seems rude not to lick them. I can feel Ewan has stopped eating and is watching me "you have a little something" before I realise what is happening I see something out the corner of my eye, my body reacts whipping my head away from Ewan's direction my eyes screwed shut waiting for the pain which doesn't come. I don't realise it, but I seem to be holding my breath for how long I am like this I don't know but I suddenly hear someone is talking to me.

"Geese, breath Suzi come on, that's it, deep breaths in and out" I do has he says concentrating on my breathing I open my eyes to see the worried expression on both Amil's and Ewan's faces. "You had me worried there, you know I wasn't going to hurt you, right? I was just going to brush away the syrup that's on your chin" I feel heat burning the back of my eyes, I close them again willing it to go away, what an idiot of course Ewan wasn't going to hurt me why would he, he has only ever been kind and caring towards me.

"I..I'm...Sorry" I manage to rush out an apology for my actions.

"There is no need to apologise, I shouldn't have scared you. I will ask before touching your face next time" his face softens and I can see how hurt is his by my reaction in his eyes.

"So may I wipe the syrup of your chin now?" he questions me "sure why not" I take a deep breath, he is just going to wipe the syrup he isn't going to hurt you I give myself a little pep talk. Ewan slowly lifts his thumb to my chin keeping eye contact with me throughout and gently brushes away the syrup before placing it in his mouth and licking it clean "so sweet" I feel myself getting hot again how does his man do this to me.

"I just need to get some air" I stand leaving Amil and Ewan before heading out on deck to escape my disastrous breakfast.

...................................