Chapter 12

I slowly open the bathroom door peering into the room in the hope that Ewan isn't present. I breath a sigh of relief when I realise the coast is clear. I exit the bathroom wrapped in a towel and head towards the bed where there is a beautiful pink sun dress and white cardigan laid out on the bed with a handwritten note 'wear these to dinner. Ewan' This guy sure has good taste in cloths that will suit me.

Slipping the outfit on and tying my hair into a ponytail I am startled by a knock at the door. Ewan is still nowhere to be seen, pulling the door open Jess is stood their "Hey I am glad to see you are ready, Ewan is waiting for you on deck, he has a little surprise for you." she finishes with a wink.

"Thanks, I just need to grab my shoes and I will be right with you" I wonder what the surprise is? I grab my flip flops sliding them on before following Jess onto the rear deck. Pushing through the door Jess stepped to one side giving me a clear view of a Rib tied to the back of the boat, Ewan stood in cargo shorts and a polo shirt leaning against the console with his arms folded looking down at his feet.

"Looks like we are ready to leave" Jess pipes up.

Ewan's eyes immediately fly up to meet mine and a smile spreads across his face. "Are you ready for your surprise Suzi?"

Before I know it we are speeding across the waves to god knows where. Jess is driving and me and Ewan are sat on the rear bench seat. I love how the wind blows my hair out of my face and the coldness cross my skin is welcome from the hot day on the boat.

Ewan reaches out an open hand towards me, I place mine in his and entangle our fingers together wondering what he has got planned. After a short time, I notice that we are heading towards a white sandy beach in the distance. The beach is deserted and there doesn't seem to be anyone or anything around for miles, no houses or people just white sand and a few trees lining the back of the beach.

Jess slows up the Rib as we begin to get closer to the shore. Bringing it to a gentle stop just meters away from the sand. Ewan stands up and pulls me towards the front of the boat with our hands still entangled.

"Do you trust me?" he asks, I'm not really sure what he means by this but I guess I do.

"Sure" I reply. He lets go of my hand and removes his shoes leaving them on the rib he slides over the front, before turning with his arms up.

"Come on slide over I will carry you ashore" I raise my eye brows at him while sitting on the edge, if he really thinks I will let him carry me to the shore he has another thing coming.

"Put me down, I can get off my myself!" before I know it Ewan has pulled me off the boat and is carrying me ashore over his shoulder fireman style.

"See it was that bad was it" as he sets me down on the sand.

"Where are we going anyway?" I ask confused and still annoyed.

"Not that far don't worry" taking my hand he leads us up the beach, as it starts to flatten out I notice a table and chairs set up under a makeshift pergola with fair lights strung around it. How on earth did this even get here!

"You really are full of surprises" I say as he pulls out my chair for me like a true gentleman.

"That I am. I do hope that you will enjoy this evening as much as I have planning for it" he state boldly as he take his seat.

"You know you didn't have to."

"But I wanted to "he smiles at me intensely relaxing me "now shall we eat?"

I hadn't noticed when we arrived but the table was beautifully set up with flowers, cutlery and a plate covered with a big silver dome like you see in posh restaurants. Ewan leaned forward removing the dome to reveal a very artistically laid out lobster salad with a dressing of some kind drizzled over the top. "I hope you like it, I wasn't really sure what food you like to eat but Fred said you would eat pretty much anything."