Chapter 5

I stand at Kate's door and knock gently.

"Come in" she calls out. Opening the door, I step in to find her lying on her bed with her hands behind her head.

"What took you so long, I thought you were going to text me" She grumbled.

"Sorry about that my phone is broken" pulling it out my pocket to show her.

"Shall we sack off going to the pub tonight as its late."

"Sure, but that doesn't stop you from giving me all the gossip from your lesson with Ewan today" she sits up grinning at me.

I give her all the details including the picnic, and him wanting to know more about me and she keeps letting out little squeals of delight.

"So, did you get his number this time" she asked looking straight at me. I turn my eyes away from her feeling my face go red.

"You did! Didn't you! Have you text or called him yet?" I shake my head at her. Of cause I haven't my phones broken did she not hear me say that earlier. I look at her and can tell she is thinking hard about something.

"Why don't you use my phone to call him?" She said with a determined impression on her face.

"No, I'm fine thank you." I could tell she was going to push me again, but I had no intention of calling him.

"Sorry to ditch you but I'm tired see you tomorrow" and before she could pester me more, I left closing the door behind me.

..........................

I lay on the bed thinking about the day. It was nice to feel apricated for once, no one had ever gone to any effort to please me before. With Ewan running through my mind I slowly doze off.

Sitting bolt upright in bed, breathing fast and my cloths soaked through with sweet. I open my eye and try and calm myself down. I had not had nightmares like that for a few months I thought I was getting over it.

Getting up I splash some cold water over my face trying to calm myself. Look at the clock its 6.30 am yet another day without a lay in. I decide that a run would do me good to clear my mind. I brush my hair and pulling on some running cloths I head out the door.

Stopping on the grass I do a few stretches before gently jogging towards the gate and the coastal path.

As I turn the gate post I stop dead. Leaning against the wall is Ewan dressed in running cloths as if he knew I would be here.

"Going somewhere"

"Just out for a morning run like you" I look him up and down.

"You didn't call me"

"No sorry about that..." think think I need a better excuse than my phone broke. Nope can't think of anything "my phone broke." Did that really just slip out.

"Is that so?" he looks at me raising an eyebrow.

Before he could ask me anymore questions, I was off jogging at a leisurely pace along the coastal path which was quiet as it was still early. A few moments later Ewan is running alongside matching me stride for stride.

I look at him before picking up the pace. After a few miles of running along side each other in silence I round the band stand to start heading back to the centre. Ewan looks at me wondering how long we will go before stopping but I have no intention of taking a break.

I start to slow up as the centre comes back into view breathing hard as I am not used to such a competitive run.

"Last one to the gate post loses" I hear Ewan shout. As we both sprint to be first. Not surprisingly Ewan gets there first. He is far fitter than I will ever be. With one hand against the post he is bent double breathing hard.