Chapter 6

I swing open the door to the shack and flop down on the bed. That was one hell of a session. Looking over at the clock its 5.30pm one and half hours before Ewan picks me up to go god knows where and I am shattered. I no idea what I'm going to wear, I'm sure Kate might have something I can borrow if I don't have anything here.

A loud knock at my door and I jump out my skin. Who the hell is that, I think to myself not moving as I am so tired. More knocking, grrr why can't people just leave me alone I just want 5 mins peace!

"Who is it?" I call out in a grump. Hopefully, they will get the drift and go away.

"Its Kirk please open the door" his harsh tone makes me wonder if I have got the time wrong. I double check nope still not 7.

"What do you want?" I call out still not opening the door.

"I have something for you" before I know it I'm on my feet and flinging open the door.

There stands Kirk in his suit with a large black box with red ribbon tied around it.

"What is this?" I question him but he doesn't reply.

"Kirk, you know I can't accept gifts?" I state bluntly. He looks at me as if questioning what I just said.

"You did earlier, and you know Ewan will not take no for an answer." With that he thrust the box in my hand and leaves.

I realise that I am stood at the door with my mouth hanging open holding the damn box. I quickly shut the door and hope none of the other staff saw. Placing the box on my bed I carefully pull off the lid.

On top of the red tissue paper hiding its contents there is a handwritten note.

I saw this and thought you would look great in it.

Ewan

Xxx

Hmm I wonder what he had got me. I slowly peel back the tissue paper to revel a bright purple dress and a pair of silky soft purple heels.

Pulling the dress out of the box I hold it up, its stunning. It has a thin straps with a ruffled front, it will sit just above my knee but had 2 long slits up each side and a rather low cut back. Looks like I will not be wearing a bra tonight I think to myself. My attention then turns to the heels, what was he thinking! Has he not worked out how unbalanced it am and he thought heels would be a good idea! I contemplate just wearing flip flops but decide as he has gone to the effort, I better at least try them. If it all goes badly I can always go bare foot.

I drop Kate a quick text as I haven't seen her today and want to let her know I'm going on a hot date before heading out the shack to the shower block.

Having showered and changed I find myself looking in the mirror. I don't think I have ever looked this hot in a dress before. I am just contemplating putting the heels on when my door fly's open and Kate walks in.

"Kate"

"What?"

"What if I had been half naked!" I protest at her barging in like that.

"I knew you wouldn't be" she smirks. "You are always organised and ready well before me when we go on nights out" I can see she is checking me out.

"Wow you are one hot sexy chick in that outfit"

"Do you like it" I ask.

"Sure thing, where on earth did you get it, I have never seen you wear it before"

"Err" I might as well tell her the truth as she is my best friend. "Ewan bought it for me, his driver dropped it off a while ago."

"Ewan has a driver!" she shrieks "You didn't tell me he was that rich."