Chapter 9

Having waved off the last group of kids on Friday afternoon I find myself laying on my bed staring at the ceiling. I don't know why but I am beginning to feel nervous about spending the weekend with Ewan, I can feel a knot starting to tighten in my stomach and I just can't get rid of this feeling.

Looking at my watch its only 5pm so 2 hours until I need to be at Fred's.

"Ding" my phone beeps.

What you doing? – K

Nothing why – S

Are you excited about your weekend away with Ewan. You two are going to have a great time – K

Those words are starting to make me feel sick inside. "Have a great time" what did she even mean by that. I have no idea what to expect he hasn't even contacted me since he has been away, so I have no idea what he has planned.

Still contemplating what to reply to Kate. The door of the shack swings open and Kate marches in. I roll my eye at her surely, I didn't take that long to reply.

"Why are you moping around in here" she takes a seat on the end of the bed.

"I'm not" I say rolling my eyes again, wishing she would give me a break.

"Are you not excited about spending the weekend with Ewan."

I don't reply instead I look down and start twisting the tale of my bikini strap around my fingers.

"You are going to get to spend a whole weekend with the hot and sexy Ewan and you look like you would rather spend it washing dishes!" her voice is stern and reminds me of Helen when she is about to give me a lecture.

"I.." I can't think of any words to explain how I feel right now.

"Right that's it" she flings her hands in the air "get ready we are going out."

"I can't I have work at Fred's" I protest.

"Well call him and tell him your sick. Me and you are having a night on the town and I am not taking no for an answer" she almost shouts the last part at me.

Do I really want to spend a night out with Kate. I guess I could get drunk and it would take away how I am feeling right now. But I would hate to let Fred down.

I feel something hard hit me in the ribs "argh" she has thrown my phone at me.

"Text Fred now! Come on we need to get ready."

"Fine but you're paying for the cab home" why did I give in so easily.

Having text Fred that I wasn't feeling well he was worried about me as I don't normally call in sick. He has already been nice enough to give me the weekend off, so I was feeling a little guilty. I headed over to Kate's to get ready before we hit the town.

..........................

I don't know how Kate always ends up talking me into this. We are walking down the high street in the nearest town. I am glad that I wore pumps but can't help but keep tugging at the short black skirt Kate lent me, however with the pace she is going she is a women on a mission and it keeps riding up.

"Stop tugging at your skirt" she snaps.

"I can't help it. Its riding up and you are walking to god damn fast."

"Guys love a girl with short skirts so just leave it, you look sexy." She wiggles here eyebrows at me and gives me a wink. I am still feeling a little self-conscious in the short skirt and holter neck top as we reach the end of the line for the club. But Kate doesn't stop she grabs my wrist and pulls me to the front of the queue. We were getting angry looks from all the people waiting.