Chapter 7

As I sleep, I dream.

Soft lips kissing my forehead. Waves lapping on the beach. Sea gulls screeching. Nothing scary this time!

My eyelids feel lighter and I open my eyes. I look around confused as to where I am. Sitting up I pull the blanket off me and look down at the soft pillow that was resting under my head. Soaking up more of my surroundings I remember that I came back to Ewan's place and we were having coffee I must have fallen asleep on the sofa which is where I am now.

I look up out the window and the sun is just peeking over the horizon, it's still early, plenty of time to get back to the center and not get court doing the walk to shame.

Stretching I get up and make my way to the front door with my bear feet padding across the floor. Realising that I have no idea where I am, no shoes on and don't have my clutch with my phone I head back to the sofa to grab them. Maybe I can text Kate and she can pick me up.

"Where do you think your going." I hear a soft voice come from behind me that makes me jump out of my skin.

"I didn't mean to frighten you" I turn to see Ewan leaning against the kitchen cabinet in PJ bottoms and no top showing off his six pack and muscly arms which are folded with a worried look on his face.

I take a sharp intake of breath trying to calm my heart down, which feels like its about to burst from my chest. "home" I whisper.

"You can't leave now" my heart sinks, I go to respond but Ewan cuts in "its still early, and you will not get far bare foot." He chuckles.

I look down at my feet and smile, at least I am not wearing those death trap heels I think to myself as I swipe them up in one hand and my clutch in the other. Ready to leave.

"Come I had Kirk bring you some cloths." I frown "How did Kirk get into my shack" I say out loud instead of in my head. I really need to leave so I can change and not be late for work.

Ewan shakes his head at me before turning and heading towards the back of the house through the kitchen. "Hey" I call out.

Not wanting to lose him I jog across the room to catch up. To my surprise there is a staircase in the back corner hidden from the view of the downstairs by the kitchen cabinets. I take two steps at a time trying to catch up with Ewan.

Catching up with him at the top of the stairs he turns right and pushes open the first door we come to, holding it until I step inside. I slow step past him before looking around. This room has a window as a wall on the far end with a view out over the sea. There is a large bed with a sea green spread made up, facing to look out the window. Along one wall there is a chest of doors and a dresser.

Neatly folded on top of the doors is a small pile of cloths. "Those are for you" Ewan gestures towards the cloths.

"Thank you, but I really need to be going. I have work in a few hours." I pled with him.

"Don't worry about that now its still early." He looks at his watch "5.30am to be precise. So stop worrying about work for now and get a few more hours sleep. I will see you later." And with that he turns and leaves.

I stand there dumbstruck. This guy is unbelievable, first he takes me on a date and buys me a dress to wear, then insists I come back to his for coffee, when I fall asleep he ensures I am comfortable, now he is insisting I stay in his guest room.

Not knowing how long I have been standing there for, I head back to the door to talk to Ewan. But when I get there the house is silent and there is no sign of him. Looking both ways I notice there is a long corridor with many doors. There is no way I am going to go looking for him in all those rooms. So, I turn on my heals and head back inside the guest room. Throwing my clutch and heels onto the dresser and plonking myself down on the bed. To my surprise it is really comfy, laying my body back I contemplate my options.