Nutty X Reader X Sniffles

Alright, so I haven't written fanfiction in a hot minute. If this comes out badly, I'm sorry, but with all the time I have I felt bad for not updating and ily guys. :(

___________

It was a beautiful day outside, the sky was a bright blue and cloudless while the sun shined brightly, bringing out the vibrancy of the trees' leaves and the grass. Almost everyone was outside playing, or working, or just relaxing. The exception to everyone outside would be Sniffles, who was busy in his house doing... Whatever Sniffles does in there. Whatever it was, someone was about to ruin it for him.

Regardless of whatever Sniffles was doing, or whoever the mysterious person ruining his day was, you were sitting at a nearby park, relaxing while the others played. Nothing really seemed to be out of the ordinary; Splendid and Splendont would be arguing about who was a better hero, Flippy was playing with Flaky (and you personally hoped no one would make any sudden loud noises), Cuddles was asleep under a tree... Nothing could go wrong, right?

...

You waited for any screams, shouts, cries, Flippy going insane, Cuddles having a bee hive fall on him... Nothing seemed to happen. So maybe it was a good day.

Your thoughts began to trail off as you wondered what Sniffles was doing inside. He was always inside, it was a bit upsetting. After knowing him for so long, you would think you'd get used to him being the only one inside working on weird experiments. You still wished you could see him. He didn't really enjoy people intruding his house, especially when he was in the middle of something. "People could get hurt," was what he always said. When you'd ask why he was conducting harmful experiments, he would simply say that "it's for science!"

There was a loud scream, and a crash.
There it was.
You turned your head quickly and stood up, seeing a familiar, adorable figure laying on the ground, blood starting to pool up around them some. You heard a growl and looked over, noticing that Flippy's triggers must have been activated by the crash, which was someone falling through a window. You quickly turned back towards the figure and ran over, looking down.

"Nutty?... What did you do?!" You asked, sitting him up as he groaned quietly. A small piece of his hair was on fire, and you quickly patted it out, before studying his face, which was covered in smoke. There was yelling from inside the house, "I told you not to come in, Nutty, it's dangerous! You can't just walk in whenever- oh, hello (y/n)." Sniffles had walked over to the broken window, looking out. Upon seeing you, he stood up a bit straighter and adjusted his glasses. Nutty noticed this and giggled a bit, ignoring the fact that he was bleeding from the shards of glass in his arms and in his back. There was a scream from the park, and Sniffles immediately jumped and opened up the door, "Come in, hurry. We will fix the window later." Sniffles walked out and helped you pick Nutty up. You held one of his arms over your own shoulder, and Sniffles took the other, dragging a bloody, giggly Nutty inside. Sniffles gestured you to a basement, and as he closed and locked the door, you did your best to drag Nutty down the steps without dropping him. Once you were down there, you set Nutty on a chair and winced some when you noticed the shards of glass.

"Stay still, okay? This'll hurt, but you have to stay still..." You said calmly, and Nutty looked up at you with a sweet smile. You felt your face heat up some and you smiled back, leaning him forward. You began to gently, carefully pull out the shards as Sniffles came down with a first aid kit, and he locked the door to the basement after turning the lights on.

You and Nutty had known each other well for quite some time, perhaps since you were kids. He was just fun to hang out with, even if he did always get in trouble. He always had the best sweets on him, and he knew how to have fun at parties. Maybe too much fun, but he was still a silly, adorable squirrel. You noticed that each time you pulled out a shard of glass, he would tense, his tail would twitch, and his ears wiggled some. This was a preferable situation opposed to him completely jolting backwards into your hand, which is something he probably would do if he was just a tad bit clumsier.