Chapter Twelve - The Challenge

After Piper's capture, it didn't take long for Aerrow and the rest of the Storm Hawk Clan to notice her absence. They had searched the entire city for her to no avail. Starling soon arrived at the abandoned apartment complex and saw Aerrow in a state of anxiety.

Starling: What's wrong? You look like hell.

Aerrow: Piper.....my mate. Something's  happened to her.

Starling: What do you mean?

Aerrow: Piper went to explore the city last night. She never returned.

Starling: Maybe she got lost.

Stork: Unlikely. Besides myself, Piper is an expert navigator.

Aerrow: Damn it all! I shouldn't I have let her gone out there alone! I should've been there for her! If it wasn't for that curse, I would this city endlessly.

Radarr sadly chirped to Aerrow as he tried to comfort him.
Starling could sympathize with Aerrow in some ways.

Starling: We'll find her Aerrow.

Finn: We searched the entire city all night and found nothing. Not even a trace.

Junko: It's like she's disappeared!

Starling tried to piece together what had happened. As she did, the Gargoyles began hearing a strange hum.

Junko: You guys hear that?

Starling looked around and couldn't hear a thing. 

Starling: I'm not hearing anything. 

Finn: You serious? It's loud!

At this point, the strange sound grew louder and louder. Stork looks around to find a strange device as well as a disk along with a sonic device. Stork then hands the sonic device to Aerrow, who destroys it. 

Finn: The hell is that thing?

Starling: Looks like a disk. Might have some clues to what happened if it was left here. 

Starling then ran to her car and grabbed her laptop. She then turns it on and puts the disk inside. As the disk played, the first thing everyone saw was Lark Cyclonis. 

Cyclonis(Computer): Is it on?

Ulric(Off Screen): Yes, Miss Cyclonis. 

Cyclonis(Computer): Aerrow, I hope you're seeing this because this message just might be the most important message in your life. 

Piper(Computer): A....Aerrow....

The camera then pans to a bloodied and beaten Pier. She was held in chains. Seeing his mate in this state deeply angered Aerrow as he clenched his fists. The camera then pans back to Cyclonis. 

Cyclonis(Computer): I wish this didn't escalate into such....unpleasant territory. I wish it were otherwise, but I'm afraid it has come to this. I have something you want. I believe we can come to an agreement. Come to this address and we'll discuss this face to face.  

The computer then showed the address of where Piper was being held. Starling quickly wrote it down on a piece of paper. As the video ended, rage had consumed Aerrow as he destroyed the computer. 

Starling: That computer gave me problems anyway.....

Aerrow: We must free Piper now!

Starling: Hold on Aerrow. I've been a detective long enough to know when someone is setting a trap. 

Aerrow: I will not let my mate be held by that woman any longer! She will pay for what she has done!

Starling: I know you're angry, but we need to play it safe! It's clear Cyclonis wants you there. Knowing her, she'll probably have something planned for you. 

Aerrow: I do not care what Cyclonis has planned for me! What she did is unforgivable! I must correct this grave injustice! 

At this point, Starling knew there was no changing Aerrow's mind. He was not about to let anyone hold his mate hostage. Soon enough, the other Gargoyles rallied behind Aerrow. 

Finn: I'm with you Aerrow! Nobody messes with us and gets away with it!

Junko: I'm with Finn! 

Stork: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll follow. If we die, at least we'll die like Gargoyles. 

Radarr then chirped to Aerrow. Aerrow smiled at his fellow Gargoyles. Soon enough, he turned his attention to the detective. 

Aerrow: Will you join us on this quest, Detective Starling?

Starling: Guess there's no talking you out of this. I know the address well. It used to be a storage facility for Cyclonia Enterprises before it got shutdown due to a scandal involving dealings with the Raptor Gang. 

Aerrow: What can we expect?

Starling: I honestly have no idea. That place has been abandoned for years. But knowing Lark Cyclonis, I doubt that place is gonna be welcoming. 

Finn: When did we ever get warm welcomes?

Starling chuckled at Finn's joke as she took a sip from her flask. 

Aerrow: Whatever tricks Cyclonis is plotting, they will fail against us. She will answer for this crime. 

Starling: There's about a million things that woman has to answer for. She's made this city suffer for years in the name of profit and power. 

Aerrow: That reign of terror ends today. She made a mistake awakening us. She failed to understand our honor and vows.

Starling: If you really want to go through with this, I'll meet you at the warehouse. 

Starling then got in her car and began driving for the warehouse. As she drove away, Aerrow gathered the rest of the Storm Hawk Clan. 

Aerrow: I thank you all for you loyalty.Being your leader has been my greatest honor. Leading you has been my greatest privilege. I am truly honored to call you brothers.

Finn: The feeling's mutual Aerrow. 

Junko: We're with you till the end, Aerrow!

Stork: Agreed. 

Radarr chirps at Aerrow. Aerrow smiled at the camaraderie that was being displayed by his fellow Gargoyles. 

Aerrow: Then let us move forward.

With that, Aerrow and the Storm Hawk Clan glided through the night skies and began making their way to the storage facility where Piper was being held. Little did they know that a reunion awaited them.