Chapter Sixteen - Aerrow VS Dark Ace

As Aerrow and Dark Ace stared each other down, the animosity between the two became clear. Soon enough, the rest of the Storm Hawks joined Aerrow. They were all shocked to see the rogue Gargoyle.

Stork: Dark Ace.....

Junko: Dark Ace?! What's he doing here?!

Finn: You got some nerve showing your face here after what you've done!

Dark Ace: I see you're still the same boisterous fool.

Without hesitation, Finn along with Junko, Stork and Radarr attacked Dark Ace. Dark Ace was able to quickly take them down.

Dark Ace: There shall be no interruptions. Only you and I.

Aerrow: You will pay for your crimes, Dark Ace. No longer will you trouble this world.

Aerrow and Dark Ace soon began exchanging blows with one another. Both Gargoyles fought with ferocity and fury as their centuries long rivalry spilled onto the fight. Dark Ace soon put Aerrow on the defense as he lands blow after blow.

Dark Ace: Look what has become of you, Aerrow! You've lost your touch!

Aerrow: You underestimate me, traitor!

Dark Ace: I underestimate nothing!

Dark Ace continued to attack Aerrow with powerful strikes. Aerrow himself knew that Dark Ace was the bigger and more lethal fighter. Despite this, Aerrow kept on fighting. As the fight unfolded, Cyclonis and Ulric watched from a safe distance.

Cyclonis: Fascinating.....

Ulric: Should we leave, Miss Cyclonis? This fight could put your life in risk.

Cyclonis: That won't be necessary, my friend. I believe we are quite safe. As long as we don't intervene, their focus will be solely on each other.

Cyclonis continued to study the fight as Aerrow and Dark Ace fought each other. Aerrow remembered how Dark Ace betrayed the Clan centuries ago and how his betrayal led to the near extinction of the Gargoyles. Dark Ace soon gained the upper hand as he began to assault Aerrow.

Dark Ace: Is this all your bravado has to offer, Aerrow?! Your mate put on a better fight than that!

Upon hearing this, Aerrow grew more enraged as he attempts to attack Dark Ace, but the rogue Gargoyle easily reads his movements and counters the attack by slamming him to the ground.

Dark Ace: Pathetic, Aerrow. I expected more out of you. I had hoped you put up more of a fight. Imagine my disappointment.

Dark Ace continued to pummel Aerrow as he ruthlessly beats him down.

Dark Ace: I could've killed you that day, Aerrow. I chose not to because I wanted you to live with the guilt of knowing you failed. I wanted you to know that in all the centuries to come that I was the one who beat you. I won't kill you just yet. No, Aerrow. I want you to suffer. I want to take everything from you.

As Dark Ace continued to pummel on Aerrow, Piper watched this with tears in her eyes. She tried to break free from her shackles, but she lacked the strength to do so. As Aerrow glanced at Piper, a sense of anger and fury flew over Aerrow.

Dark Ace: Why do you persist, Aerrow? Your sense of honor and duty has led you to nothing but pain and misery.

Aerrow: From the moment I was born, I made a vow. From the moment I was born onto the Earth, I vowed to protect humanity from the evils that threaten it. Even if I must walk a long and lonely road filled with hardship, my spirit shall not waiver! As long as I still draw breath, I shall not stop! That is the vow I took! A vow that you have forsaken for your own foul ambitions! Unlike you, I honor my vows with deep conviction! I will honor my vows until my final breath!

In that moment, Aerrow found the resolve to keep going. He lunged at Dark Ace and the two clashed once more. As Aerrow reaffirmed his vows, he began putting Dark Ace on the defense. Cyclonis became even more interested in the fight as the two fought like the epic clashes of myth and legend. In her eyes, it seemed as if two Gods clashed on Earth. As the fight continued, Aerrow and Dark Ace continued to clashed as they exchanged blow after blow.

Dark Ace: You cannot beat me, Aerrow! You've always lacked the strength and will to do what is necessary.

Aerrow: You are wrong, Dark Ace! If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess then you have nothing!

Dark Ace: Then what do you have?!

Dark Ace then pressed the assault on Aerrow and he began to viciously attack the Gargoyle. Soon enough, Dark Ace began to overpower him as he began to beat him down once again. As Aerrow tried to counter the attacks, Dark Ace proved too strong. Soon enough, Dark Ace held Aerrow by the throat.

Dark Ace: Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you! Your end is now, Aerrow!

In that moment, Aerrow was at the mercy of Dark Ace. Death seemed inevitable for Aerrow. For Aerrow to survive, an ally would have to intervene.