Chapter Thirteen - The Plot Thickens

At the abandoned Cyclonia Enterprises storage house, Ravess and Snipe along with a group of thugs were guarding the wounded Piper. Ravess and Snipe couldn't stop staring at the wounded Gargoyle.

Snipe: You're one ugly bitch, are ya? And I thought the Raptors were ugly bastards! 

Snipe approached the bound Piper. Despite the injuries sustained from Dark Ace, Piper still had enough power to let out a mighty roar which scared Snipe. 

Snipe: Fucking hell!

Ravess: I think it likes you, Snipe. 

As Ravess said that, Cyclonis and Ulric entered the room. Piper's eyes soon darted to Cyclonis while she spoke with Ravess and Snipe. 

Cyclonis: I trust the Gargoyle hasn't given you trouble?

Snipe: The beast has been pretty docile. She's not going anywhere with my boys guarding her!

Ravess: Why didn't you give us those Talons you got patrolling the city? Surely we'd be better off with them guarding this....thing. 

Ulric: As far as Cyclonia Enterprises is concerned, this operation doesn't exist. For publicity reasons, the Talons will be continuing their patrols. 

Ravess and Snipe didn't care much for Ulric's reasons. They didn't have the Machiavellian mindset that Cyclonis had. They were nothing more than hired thugs who do grunt work behind the scenes. 

Cyclonis: You'll be paid handsomely once the job is done. I do not pay you to ask questions. I hired you to watch over the Gargoyle. Now take your men and patrol the facility. 

Ravess and Snipe nodded to Cyclonis  and took their men to patrol the facility, leaving Cyclonis and Ulric alone with Piper. 

Cyclonis: I must apologize for the unpleasant behavior of Ravess and Snipe. Rest assured, this whole situation is a terrible mistake. I wish things have gone differently. 

Piper: Save your words. I won't fall for the words of a liar.

Ulric: I assure you, this is for everyone's benefit. 

Piper: And Dark Ace? 

Cyclonis and Ulric were silent on the subject of Dark Ace. Soon, Dark Ace entered the room. Anger and resentment flooded her eyes as Dark Ace approached her. 

Dark Ace: Hello, Piper. 

Piper: Of course liars and cowards find comfort in each other's company. 

Dark Ace: Oh sweet Piper. You always were naive to the true nature of the world.

Piper then spits at Dark Ace's face. He kept his calm demeanor as he lets out a chuckle.

Piper: If you plan to kill me, then know Aerrow will hunt you to the ends of the Earth.

Dark Ace: You mistake my intentions, Piper. I harbor no ill will towards you or even Aerrow for that matter. Aerrow didn't have the heart to do what is necessary to ensure the survival of our race. Would we be on the verge of extinction if Aerrow acted as a warrior rather than a guardian?

Piper: You talk about protecting our people, yet you betrayed us and killed countless of our brethren. 

Dark Ace: Sometimes you must make sacrifices for the greater good. Aerrow was an idealist who blindly followed the old ways of the Gargoyles. We needed to adapt or perish. 

Piper hated the words Dark Ace spoke and the meaning behind them. In her mind, Dark Ace was an opportunistic hypocrite and a murderer who sought personal gain. 

Piper: You're a disgrace! You betray everything the Gargoyles stand for!

Dark Ace: Don't be so sure about that, Piper. Look at the world around you. We were humanity's guardians and they awarded our efforts with treachery. Look at how many of our brothers and sisters were reduced to rubble when the humans made their move and sought to purge our kind. But I need not remind you of that, do I? 

Piper had clear memories of the day the humans began their purge on the Gargoyles all those centuries ago. As this verbal confrontation went down, Cyclonis and Ulric took note of this and spoke amongst themselves. 

Cyclonis: It seems the history of the Gargoyles has more secrets than I imagine. Such secrets could prove useful if utilized properly. 

Ulric nodded to Cyclonis as her interest in Gargoyle lore grew. It was clear to her that what she knew about Gargoyle lore was but a mere fraction of the bigger picture. She watched Dark Ace as he knocked Piper out cold with a punch to the face. 

Dark Ace: Rest, Piper. If your beloved Aerrow received the message, then he and his clan will no doubt be on their way.

Dark Ace soon approached Cyclonis and Ulric. 

Dark Ace: It won't be long until Aerrow and the rest of his clan come. Your band of thugs will be no match for them. 

Cyclonis: This should prove to be a rather...enlightening experience. 

Dark Ace then used his wings to propel himself to the roof of the storage facility. As he left Cyclonis and Ulric alone, Ulric spoke to Cyclonis.

Ulric: I don't like this, Miss Cyclonis. This operation poses many risks that could be catastrophic for Cyclonia Enterprises.

Cyclonis: That won't be an issue, Mr. Ulric. I have planned for all possible scenarios. Even the worst case scenario will prove to be beneficial in the long run. 

In that moment, Cyclonis planned out for any possible outcome that could befall on this operation. Whether the operation ended in success or failure, Cyclonis saw this as an opportunity to study the Gargoyles and learn more about them as well as uncover any secrets that she could use to further her own goals and ambitions.