Chapter 1 - Luca

School was pretty normal today, not good but not bad. I think "normal" is something taken for granted, like sunny days and hot meals. Normal is definitely something I took for granted, and something I will never have again.

I walked home from school, kicking rocks and heaving my backpack along the way. Spring was on its way and, even though I was a lean 16-year-old boy, the heat and humidity still got to me.

As I neared my house, I felt an inexplicable tension. My dad was a deadbeat drunk and my mother usually came home before me, so maybe they were arguing about something? Who knows. I took a breath and opened the front door. I instantly regretted it.

My mother turned to look at me, disgusted and ashamed. My dad was still sitting on the couch facing away from me. He reeked of whiskey.

As I dropped my backpack off from my shoulders and stood by the front door in confusion, my mother became paler by the second until she finally slinked away to her bedroom. After a moment that felt like hours, my dad broke the uncomfortable silence.

"I'm not that bad, am I?" His speech was slurred, not uncommon due to his alcoholism. "I didn't raise you to be a pussy, did I?"

I swallowed, answering slowly and still confused. "No, sir."

He grunted as he reached onto the coffee table in front of the couch. "Then why do I have a runt for a son?!"

He grabbed one of his many empty beer bottles and chucked it at my head, narrowly missing my face as it shattered against the door. He was in one of his moods, no question about it, but I still wasn't sure why my mother was suddenly disgusted by me.

He threw another bottle at me, missing again. "I didn't raise no whore!" Another bottle flew, slightly grazing my cheek. I carefully spoke.

"Dad, what are you talking about?"

He paused, setting another empty bottle down and standing up from the couch. "Your test came in today, boy."

What test? We haven't had one in a couple of weeks, and my grades weren't the best but I got by. My question was answered as he handed me a paper: the medical test for my werewolf dynamic. We had taken it in school a couple weeks ago, a simple blood test and checkup. Everyone was eager for their results, but I didn't care. I planned to be successful regardless of my secondary gender, but I didn't plan or ever expect to be an omega.

My father loathed omegas with every bone in his body. He said they were good-for-nothing whores that just took up space. He was a beta but he wasn't any better sitting around and drinking all the time, not that I could ever say that and live to see another day.

The paper had multiple statistics of my health over the last couple of years, but I couldn't stop staring at my dynamic: omega. It was the perfect opportunity for my father to punch me in the face. I guess he realized that, too.

I stumbled slightly and held my throbbing cheek that was definitely going to bruise later. As I faltered, my father drove his fist into my stomach, knocking the wind out of me and making me cough profusely. I fell to the ground and crawled back towards the front door, trying to process what had happened.

"Get out of my damn sight, you omega trash!" He didn't have to tell me twice. Once I opened the door, I was running like my life depended on it, and I never looked back.

✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

Thank you for reading the first chapter of My Mate's Touch. If you enjoyed it, please don't forget to leave a vote and comment! - D