Chapter 42 - Elias

*WARNING: SEXUAL HARASSMENT*

I was exhausted. Fear of what Ryland might do to me consumed my being, and because of it I couldn't sleep last night. It also didn't help that I was strapped to a metal chair, the rope chafing my wrists and ankles. I looked up at the door to the bunker to see that it was light outside, a sunny afternoon with seemingly no clouds. If only I could enjoy it by being outside of this bunker, I thought.

I sat in silence and looked down at my feet since there was nothing else I could do. With a sigh, I tried to take my mind off of Ryland and think of my friends. Luca and Aspen will come for me, I know it. And Xander... Xander will probably look for me, too. I missed them so much I could burst.

While trapped in my thoughts, I heard the sound of metal and looked up to see Ryland climbing the ladder down into the bunker. My breath hitched, a lump forming in my throat. Even if he didn't physically do anything to me, his presence was still unnerving. He strided over and sat down on the hard floor right in front of me.

"Hey, kitten," he smirked, making me curl my lip in disdain. "Did you miss me?"

I turned my head to the side so that I didn't have to look into his conniving eyes. "What do you want from me?"

"Ouch, that's cold." Ryland put his hand over his chest in mock offense. "I just wanted to check in on you, that's all."

I looked back at him, furrowing my brow in obvious disbelief.

"Ok, I'm bored, really," he deadpanned, his voice then turning dark. "I thought that you could help relieve me of my boredom."

My expression went from annoyance back to the fearful anticipation I'd been trying to get rid of. This is what I was afraid of. He was going to hurt me somehow, as if abducting me and throwing me in this bunker wasn't enough.

Ryland grabbed my chin with his calloused hand, turning my head softly to the side. I flinched at his bold actions, in shock that he was really trying to harass me. Ryland's other hand began to trail upwards from my shin, making me squirm and panic due to my restraints. Reflexively, I shook my head and bumped it into his, causing him to stop touching me.

"Get off!"

His eyes narrowed and he began to growl, making me whimper. He came back over to me and slapped me hard on my cheek, turning my head and making the area throb in pain. "Try that again, you fucking runt," he spat.

Defeated, I slumped down in the chair, letting him lick my neck and stroke my thighs with his wide hands. He kissed me under my jawline and backed away as he heard me whimper slightly, tears forming and starting to fall.

Ryland kissed them away as I tried in a futile effort to evade his touch. He ran his hands through my hair and continued gripping on my thigh with his other hand. I felt so helpless and afraid. I don't want this, I thought. I don't want him to touch me like this. I don't want him to touch me at all.

After what felt like forever, Ryland stopped. "See? That wasn't too bad."

I didn't respond to his words. That was easy for him to say. He wanted this. I didn't, and there was nothing I could do about it.

He grabbed my chin again, this time with more force, and bent down to whisper in my ear. "I might not be so gentle next time."

I shifted my head back at his words, wanting him to get away from me. The movement only made him smirk in amusement. He walked back towards me once more and caressed my neck, making me squirm reflexively in an attempt to shake him off. It didn't work, but Ryland stopped after a moment on his own accord.

He whispered in my ear again, this time using his alpha voice, and I could feel his warm breath on my skin, giving me goosebumps. "Don't try to resist me again. I'm being merciful; you don't want to see me when I'm not."

I looked up at him as he took a step back and nodded my head to show that I would comply. I expected him to leave but he stood in front of me, a pensive expression on his face. "Why don't you cower to me? To my alpha voice?"

Ryland crouched and looked me straight in the eye, making me gulp. It felt as though he could see right through me. I just wanted him to leave me alone.
After a long moment, Ryland stood back up with widened eyes. "You're human."

I internally gasped. Only Luca, Aspen, Xander and Felix had known that up until now. I had to keep it a secret because if any other werewolf knew, they could shun or attack me for it. Ryland was the last person who needed to know. Of course he found out about it.

Before he could question or assault me again, the sound of footsteps approached the bunker. Even though I couldn't tell who the footsteps belonged to, I could barely suppress my eagerness to escape this prison-like hold. I tried to move my head and look out of the bunker door, but I couldn't see anything except for the sky.

I hoped that whoever was up there would see the bunker door cracked open and help me escape. As I opened my mouth to yell, Ryland covered it with his hand and gave me a piercing glare. His expression soon wore off into his typical smirking face. I sat in confusion. Someone found me when Ryland said no one would, so why would he be happy?

That question was soon answered when Ryland made his way towards the bunker exit. "Looks like I have some visitors to kill."

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

The second chapter of today's double update! I hope it's not too much of a cliffhanger :)

Elias is really going through it right now! I feel so bad writing this, but it must be done. Once again, trouble ensues. If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a vote and comment what you think will happen next! - D ♡