Chapter 14 - Luca

The sun rays barely seeped through the closed blinds of Elias' window and right into my face. I'd slept deeper last night than I had in a long time, considering my parents didn't provide a pleasant environment for me and since I was still somewhat uncomfortable at the Shadowclaw pack. I shuffled around on the floor to see if Aspen or Elias were awake. Aspen was breathing heavily and Elias was wrapped tightly in his comforter with only a small tuft of hair poking out.

"Elias," I whispered.

"Hmm?" He responded groggily, turning to look at me and rubbing his eyes with his hand.

"Are you awake?"

"I am now."

We smiled sleepily at each other, not knowing what to say or if we should say anything considering Aspen was still sleeping.

"You're not going to ask if I'm awake, Luca? How hurtful," Aspen joked, making Elias and I both giggle a bit. "What?" She said.

"You... have a very nice bed head," Elias said with a wide grin.

Aspen got up to look at herself in his mirror, stretching as she first stood up. She walked over and looked at her hair, a red bird's nest, to say the least. After brushing it down a few times with her hands, it was closer to how it normally was.

"There," she said after the last stroke. "Now you two can go admire your own bed heads."

Elias and I looked at each other and then got up to look in the mirror at the same time. His dark hair had a massive cowlick while mine was sticking up in almost every direction. The three of us laughed.

After a moment, Aspen broke the laughter. "Luca, we should probably get going soon." She looked over at the clock in Elias' room, which read 9:30AM.

I didn't want to leave. Elias was such a sweet person, and I didn't know how often I could visit Timbers Cross—or if I even could—since it was out of the way and I'd have to cross No Man's Land to reach it.

"Y-You're both going back to the Shadowclaw pack today, huh?" Elias asked, his shyness returning.

"Yeah. Alpha Felix is probably worried out of his mind that Luca ran off. We need to get back as soon as we can." Aspen adjusted her shirt and pants and then looked fondly at Elias. "Thank you for your hospitality."

He blushed and his lips formed a small sad smile. "You're welcome."

In an impulsive manner, I blurted out a question. "Did you want to come with us, Elias?"

"What?" He and Aspen responded simultaneously, shocked by the offer.

"Luca," Aspen started. "I've bent over backwards for you since I met you. You are ridiculous if you think we're going to take back a human to the Shadowclaw pack."

I pursed my lip, trying to bring some logic into my argument. "Technically, this town is a part of the Shadowclaw pack," I retorted. "If Timbers Cross allows humans and the Shadowclaw pack hasn't had any qualms about it, then it must be fine."

Elias bit the inside of his lip and placed his hand on the nape of his neck. "I-I don't want to cause any trouble, but I'd love to go back with you if it's ok," He said softly.

Aspen sighed and turned to look at him. "And your parents? What would they think?"

"They might not mind," He admitted. "I think they might even enjoy it if I was gone, even for a bit. It's a little suffocating here and I haven't been out of this town in a long time, and definitely I've never been to the great Shadowclaw pack before."

"Luca," Aspen sighed. "I'm not a pushover, but we can take him. I highly doubt Alpha Felix or Xander will be pleased, though." She turned back to Elias. "You don't have to get permission from your parents, but at least write them a note or something. And try not to make it so vague," She mentioned, jabbing at me.

He smiled and ran over to hug Aspen. "T-Thank you so much! I won't be a burden, I promise."

Elias then quickly scrambled to throw on some jeans and a T-shirt, and then he grabbed a pen and some paper. After a few minutes, he left his room and took the letter with him. When he came back, he no longer had it.

"If you don't mind, I think it's best if we go out of my window again. My parents have to leave for work soon, so they're probably awake and will be in the kitchen in a few minutes," He said nervously, so I assumed that's where he left the letter.

Aspen nodded and we opened his window, the three of us climbing out one after the other and then closing it together. Then, we set off for No Man's Land.

It was only in the middle of the afternoon when we made it back to the pack grounds. Elias' eyes were full of wonder the entire time, making Aspen and I both reflect the contagious happy energy that he exuded. Since Elias was human and I had never shifted before, Aspen stayed in her human form, too, so the journey back took a little longer but it was "scenic" as Aspen called it.

After we made it past the warrior wolves who were guarding the edge of the territory, we headed towards the apartments that Aspen and I stayed in.

"You can stay in Luca's apartment," She said to Elias while unlocking her own door. "I already have a roommate," she mentioned, referring to her brother.

I had to admit, I was happy to share a space with someone. Elias seemed less broody and intimidating compared to some of the werewolves I'd seen here, probably because he wasn't one. I wasn't sure why I'd grown so attached to him, but I think I felt a slight need to protect him since he was so innocent.

I opened my apartment door and showed him around. Afterwards, we sat on my bed. Before we could even get a word out to each other, there were stomping footsteps coming down the hallway and then a harsh knock at Aspen's door.

✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

Who could it be? Also, baby Elias gets to stay! How will that play out? If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a vote and comment your thoughts! I love to read all of them ♡ - D