Chapter 17 - Luca

When alpha Felix told us his decision, Aspen, Elias and I felt as if weights had been lifted off of our shoulders. Our moods had instantly gotten better and I was happy but very surprised, too. Although I was hoping alpha Felix would let Elias stay, I couldn't say I was expecting it. And oddly enough, when alpha Felix and Xander came to our table, I felt like Felix was looking at me a bit more than he was at Aspen or Elias, and it made my body feel tingly. Still, I was just so relieved that he decided to let Elias stay.

We quickly finished eating the rest of our lunch and then we left the dining hall to give Elias a tour of the pack. I fell back towards the middle of the tour, watching as Aspen showed Elias around and how he pointed excitedly at all of the new things he was seeing. My lips couldn't help but form a smile at their wholesome interaction. When Aspen felt like we had walked around enough, we decided to go back to my apartment for a while.

"That was amazing," Elias said with a huge grin on his face. "I can't believe I've missed out for so long."

"We'll definitely make up for the lost time," Aspen said.

There wasn't very much to do in my apartment since it hadn't been long since I'd moved in, either, so the three of us got bored pretty fast. Elias and I asked Aspen if we could go over to her place but she said Leo was resting because he wasn't feeling well today.

"Well, we do need to do something," Aspen stated.

"What?" Elias and I asked at the same time, eager to do anything to escape from the boredom.

"We need to go and formally thank alpha Felix for letting you stay," She said, looking at Elias.

I sighed. What's the deal with Aspen and formal greetings? I was extremely grateful for Felix's decision but I still didn't want to face him just yet. I could tell that Elias was nervous, too, especially since Xander didn't seem to agree with Felix's decision to let the boy stay.

"Do we have to?" I asked quietly. "I'm sure they both saw how happy it made us when we were in the dining hall."

"I think it's best if we do it to be respectful. It was a big ask of alpha Felix to let Elias stay, since he's human and technically isn't from one of our districts like we'd originally thought."

"I-I want to say thank you," Elias said shyly.

"Ok," I sighed. I would just have to suck it up. I just had to show a moment of gratitude and then I could try to avoid Felix again.

The three of us got up and made our way out of the apartment and to the headquarters of the Shadowclaw pack, where Aspen said the important members of the pack stayed. When we arrived, there were a few warriors guarding the doors, but they let Elias and I go inside once they saw we were with Aspen.

The building was huge. It was almost the size of my apartment complex, but it held less people which made it very spacious. While Elias and I stood in awe, Aspen practically had to drag us from the entryway to the elevators. We got inside and Aspen pressed a couple of buttons, making us go upwards by a few floors.

When the elevator stopped, we exited and entered into a wide corridor with intricately designed carpet and many doors. Aspen then led us all the way down the hall and we passed a few serious-looking werewolves along the way until we got to a dark wooden door with fancy carvings. Aspen knocked three times and a voice responded saying she could come in.

When the three of us entered the room, I could see that it was alpha Felix's office. There were a few chairs and many papers throughout the room, and he was sitting at his desk in the center. I gulped, hoping he wouldn't look at me. I didn't know if I could handle it.

"Oh, hello there," He said, a bit of surprise laced in his tone. I guess he had just expected it to be Aspen.

When I finally looked at him, my cheeks flushed. He was wearing black reading glasses that framed his face perfectly, and his hair was a little messy, presumably from him running his hands through it and working at his desk for hours. I had never seen him like this before. Luckily, Aspen led the conversation for Elias and I.

"Hi, alpha. Luca and Elias just wanted to say how thankful they are for your decision."

I narrowed my eyes at her and then bashfully walked closer to his desk. "Thank you, alpha. I'm really glad you're letting Elias stay here, and I'm sorry for not asking for your permission to bring him here."

Felix sighed and then his lips formed a small smile. "You're welcome. I'm sorry too, for lashing out."

I smiled in return, but Aspen's eyes widened. "You don't have to apologize, alpha Felix. We know we were in the wrong."

"No," Felix insisted. "I was angry and a bit harsh that day. The least I can do is apologize for it."

"T-Thank you for letting me stay, alpha Felix," Elias muttered. "I promise I won't cause any trouble again."

Felix's smile returned. "It's alright, Elias."

Just as the three of us were about to leave, the door flew open.

"Hey, we just drove off a beta rogue near the pack border. I don't thi— What the fuck are they doing here?" It was Xander. It had been a couple weeks already, but I didn't think I would ever get adjusted to his constant mood swings and bad temper.

"Relax, Xander," Felix said calmly. "They were just here to thank us for earlier."

I stood near Aspen, averting my eyes. I'm sure thanking Felix was enough, and I doubt Xander even wants to be in the same vicinity as me. Even so, Elias walked towards Xander with a wary smile.

"Thank you, b-beta Xander, for letting me stay."

Xander scoffed. "Whatever, it was Felix's choice."

"Um, I'm sorry I came here without permission and I know we started off on the wrong foot, but..." Elias muttered shyly, sticking out his hand for Xander to shake.

"I'm good," Xander said coldly, turning away. "Like I fucking said, it wasn't my decision."

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

The trio have an eventful day and go to thank alpha Felix for letting Elias stay. Xander is still grumpy as ever, but does his anger go deeper than the surface? Please leave a vote if you enjoyed this chapter and comment what you thought! Next post will be a Q&A (just for fun, the story's not ending anytime soon) so stay tuned! - D ♡