I Hope You're A Keeper

Phil’s POV

Is this even real life?

I was lying pressed against Dan on the floor. I enjoyed it, I really did.

I didn’t want to take it further than this though.

“I love you”, I finally chuckled out.

He replied with a gentle flip over, so he was on top of me now.

“I love you, too”, he grinned.

He gently pecked my lips and I deepened the kiss.

I somehow felt something gliding over the fabric of my shirt down to my hips to straddle them. I froze. I felt his hips buckle into mine and I let out a silent groan.

“Dan... No”,  I forced me to say.

“Make me”, he said as he buckles his hips into mine again.

A little groan escaped his lips.

I flipped him over again, pecked his lips and shook my head.

“Not tonight”, I said and sat upright.

“Why?”, he pouted?

“Dan you’re so needy”, I laughed and in no time I was pinned on the floor again.

“So what?”, he breathed onto my lips.

The truth is I really want it, too, of course, but I’m really uncomfortable with my body and on the other hand I’m afraid he will regret it later and that fucked up our friendship. I don’t want this at all.

“Dan.. We can’t..”, I breathed out.

He rolled over off me and onto the floor. I looked at him staring at the ceiling.

“Okay”, he said. I can’t tell whether it sounded disappointing, sad or judging or maybe just casual. All I know is that I felt bad for ruining the mood.

“Dan?”, I quietly asked.

He turned his head in my direction.

“Are you mad?”, I asked with a trembling voice.

He looked at me and patted to the floor beside him.

“Come here”, he said. I did as I was told. I was sitting beside him and he looked at me with a grin on his face.

Does this mean he is not mad at me? I hope so.

“Lie down”, he said so calming. I lay next to him looking at the ceiling. He moved his head over to my chest and cuddled me in. I stroke his hair.

“I’m not mad at you”, he suddenly said.

“I couldn’t be, even if I wanted Phil”, he continued.

“I just love you too much for this.”

He turned his head to face me and smiled at me and then he put his head back on my chest again. I didn’t say anything, I just gently kissed the back of his head and I could practically feel him smiling.

“Your heart beats so fast”, he stated.

I blushed.

"Y-yeah”, I laughed.

“Why’s that?”, he asked, pretending to be a little child.

“Because I’m here with you”, I said, even more blushing.

“Dan we should go to a bedroom, the floor is uncomfortable”, I laughed as he nodded in okay.

So we headed upstairs.

“Yours or mine?”, I asked.

“Mine”, he said dragging me into his bedroom.

He stripped down to his boxers and so did I. Then he lay down on his bed and I joined him. Again he snuggled into me with his face buried in my chest. He moved his fingers up and down my stomach. I really liked it, my stomach felt like butterflies are being caught in there.

“Phil?”, he said while still stroking my stomach.

“Yes?”, I asked.

He stopped stroking now and that sensational feeling in my stomach disappeared. He turned his hands, so he could look at his wrist. I placed my hand on the slowly fading scar that’s capturing my name.

“Why would I do that?”, he asked and I felt a little tear of him rolling onto my skin.

“Dan I was stupid and a dick and all those bad words that you know so much better than I do and I don’t even know when you did this, but I promise you won’t have to do it again." He turned his head around and I gave him a peck on the lips.

“Never”, I said again.

Never is a promise.