Forgotten Promises

Dan's POV

I didn't know what to do anymore.

He left, he just left because of mistakes he made. We could have fixed them, we could have went through it and find solutions. We.

But now it seems like I have to go through it alone and try to be okay with the fact that he left.

He is a coward for doing this, sure. But I somehow understand him.

It is not easy to say those things.

But we could have fixed everything, it could have been okay by now.

I don't understand this, I don't even understand anything anymore and I don't want to either.

I just want him back. I don't really care what he did, he said he's sorry and I know he means it, he always means it. Phil is not a man of big false words. He is an honest man and I know he loves me and I know he regrets all this and I also know that I need him more than anything.

I didn't know what to do about it, so I decided to just spend the day in our... my apartment.

I just wanted to cry, because he's gone, because he hurt me, because I didn't know what to feel anymore. So I did. I cried.

After a while, I got up and got some alcohol that me and Phil had in our.. my apartment.

I drunk 3 bottles and cried myself to sleep.

I woke up at 2am and I decided I needed Phil and so I tried to contact him. I called him.
1 time.
2nd time
3rd time
4th time
5th time
6th time
7th time

Nobody picked up. I guessed he was asleep by now.

Which means he might not think about me as much as I do about him.

Or maybe... I heard that when you can't sleep at night, you are awake in somebody else's dream. I hoped it's that.

After a while, I fell into a deep, calm sleep.

I got woken up by a heavy knock on the door.
Knock

Who's this.
Knock

I need to get up.
Knock

I got up and went towards the door.

I wondered who this is, but as tired as I was, I just opened the door.

When it was open, I saw someone looking like Phil standing there. I giggled and tried to rub my eyes with the back of my hands.

I still saw a man looking like Phil in front of me and I was still pretty tired and drunk.

I giggled again.

"You're looking like Phil", I giggled

"And that's funny because he said he wouldn't come back in a while", I laughed.

Then I stopped laughing.

"No actually it's sad and not funny", I said slightly sad this time.

I was tired so my mood changes in no time.

"He left me yesterday, saying all those weird things, actually he wrote them", I said, not caring if the man wants to hear it.

"He just left. He didn't let me a chance to talk to him", I smiled again.

"I love him, you know", I said while my smile grew very big.

"And he loves me. I know that. I can tell by the way he looks at me." I stopped.

"Just like you do right now."

"And the things he does. And I know he wouldn't lie to me, he's perfect you know. Even if he did some mistakes. He's still perfect."

When I finished, I smiled, but my eyes filled with water. I was glad the man listened. But at the same time I wished Phil was here. I wanted him back.

"Dan did you drink?", I heard the man asking.

"Funny, you sound like him, too", I laughed, not answering his question.

"You did drink, didn't you?", he asked again.

"What if? What do you care? It's my life!", I hissed.

"Dan come here", he said.

"No dude, go away, I love my Phil and I won't..."

He kissed me.

This man was kissing me and I didn't even know him.

But what if this was no weird man?

He tasted like Phil, his soft lips on mine and his soft hand gently in my hair.

It had to be Phil.

I pulled him closer and closed the door with my foot.

After a while, we pulled away.

"Phil I'm..."

"No Dan, I'm the one to apologise, I was stupid and I know that, but I was at Jessica's and she said she won't keep the child and that I wouldn't have to worry and she told me to go back home and face you. She was right, I was stupid, you're the best thing that has happened to me and I don't want to lose you again. Never. I promised."

I looked up at him.

"I missed you a lot, and I don't care what you did, we can fix this, I need you, I really do, don't ever leave me again, please, never do that again", I cried.

"I won't", he said.

"I promise."

I kissed his cheek.

"Forever", I whispered in his ear.

"Forever", he whispered back.

The End