Chapter 1

Maia's POV
~your apartment~

Maia's POV~your apartment~

I got woken up by a stupid knock on my front door

I got woken up by a stupid knock on my front door. I rubbed my eyes gently and got out of bed. I dragged my feet to the door as the knocking sound got louder and louder. I arrived at my front door and open it. Standing there with her big smile was my best friend Nessa. I met her the day I arrived in LA at an event and we became best friends ever since.

"What took you so long I thought you weren't even going to open the door" Nessa announced as she walks in.

"Good moringing to you too" I yawned. I walked in my kitchen after her and poor myself a cup of coffee.

"Remind me to give you a spare key so you won't wake me up at 7 in the morning" I say in a sleepy voice. Nessa nods as she sits down at my kitchen counter.
"Let's go to the mall today" I suggest taking a sip of my warm cup of coffee.

"I can't I'm going to get lunch with Josh" Nessa refused the offer. Nessa has been dating this guy named Josh for a couple of months now. He is a famous tiktoker like Nessa but I have never met him yet, I've only have saw him in pictures and videos.

"You are leaving me alone again" I sighed.

"What about you come with me" Nessa offered.

"I'm not in the mood to third wheel you two" I denied.

"You won't third wheel us and plus you will finally meet him" Nessa added smiling.

"I still need to post a cover today maybe another timd" I informed.

"I don't know how you haven't been noticed by a record label, you're so talented" Nessa commented.

"Thanks" I thank her as I place my empty coffe mug in the sink.

"How about tonight we'll watch a movie" Nessa recommended.

"Sure sounds fun but I'll pick the movie" I answer.

"Great, now I got to go or I'll be late for lunch" Nessa bladded as she gets up.

"Ok have fun" I shout as she closed the door behind her.

I wash up my mug and went to take a long warm bath. After almost an hour of me becoming a raisin in the bath, I blow dryed my hair and did some light makeup. I grabbed my straightener from my cupboard and straightened my hair. I cleaned up my livingroom a little and prepared my mic and camera. I went back to my bed room and grabbed a simple outfit from my closet and got dressed.

~Outfit~

I grabbed my headphones from my side table and went to the living room

I grabbed my headphones from my side table and went to the living room. I put on them on and sat down on my sofa. I fixed my mic and hit the record botton on my camera. I started the music on my phone and started singing. I always loved singing since I was a little kid. Singing has always been there for me when I need it. When I sing I feel that I can be myself, without anyone judging me. After I finished my cover I posted it on my YouTube channel and took a small clip and posted it on my Instagram story so my supporters can know I posted a cover. I gained quit a following since I started social media and also got a lot of positive feedback form some supporters for my singing.

*Just pretend it's you singing*

Jaden's POV
The boys were playing video games in the other room and Josh just left to meet up with Nessa, his girlfriend for lunch. Right now I'm on the coach srolling through YouTube because I have nothing better to do. I came across this girl singing to stay by Rihanna. I decided to click on her video and she had an incredible voice. Not to mention she was also very pretty. Her name was Maia. I decided to go on her instagram and she had 6.5 million followers. Wow how come I never saw her anywhere?

"Yo boys come check out this girl I just found" I shout.

Everyone came running to me. Griffin and Quinton jumped next to me while the others stayed behind me. I showed them her instagram.

"Wow she's hot" Griffin commented.

"I know and she has an amazing voice" I added.

"Where is she from?" Quinton asked.

"I think she's from LA" I answer.

"You should slide into her dms" Anthony suggested.

"Should I?" I asked.
"Yeah" Griffin responds.

I noticed Kio is quite silent about this. "What do you think Kio?" I questioned turning my head to the side to face him.

"I don't think she's your type" Kio admits.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"I just do" Kio answered.

"Wait are you jealous about Jaden finding this girl" Quinton joked.

"Of course not" Kio rolled his eyes.

"So what's wrong?" I asked.

"I just think you two won't make a good match that's all" Kio says as he leaves the room. Ok that was kind of weird how Kio reacted to her and our comments.

"I still think you should dm her" Anthony continued.

"I don't know" I responded. She is pretty and talented but there is something about Kio, that is confusing me. I turn off my phone and the boys left. I decided not to dm her. Maybe Kio was right we won't make a good match.