four

THE BOYS WATCHED from afar as Jo and Kie sauntered up to one of the local bartenders

THE BOYS WATCHED from afar as Jo and Kie sauntered up to one of the local bartenders. They'd devised a plan to sweet talk their way into copping a few kegs so they could throw a party on the beach that night, one of their many pastimes during the summer months.

JJ watched with a scowl on his face as Jo smiled sweetly at the man and twirled her hair. Both girls were dressed in shorts and a bikini top with their hair down to try and convince someone to let them have alcohol despite the fact that they were underage. Of course he wasn't complaining at all about Jo's outfit, but he didn't like the fact she was using her body to try and swoon a middle-aged man.

"Dude, when are you gonna admit that you're in love with Jo?" Pope chuckled. He had noticed JJ's not so subtle stare in the girl's direction and pretty much everyone knew at this point that JJ felt something for her, whether he would admit it or not.

JJ gave Pope a look as John B glanced at the blonde boy.

"First of all, why the hell would you say that in front of her brother?" JJ shot in annoyance. "And second, never, because I'm not in love with her."

Pope just smirked at him and shrugged his shoulders. "Mhm," he hummed.

"You know the rules," John B sang.

John B had been the single most constant in his sister's life literally since the day they were born. Their mother split when they were very young and neither of them even remembered her being around, and they had their dad most of the time until he caught a lead on the mysterious Royal Merchant and disappeared. Even before that though he'd never been an A Plus parent. He was usually arguing with at least one of his two children, so the siblings were very close. They promised each other they'd always be there for one another once they were old enough to understand that their mother abandoned them.

Because of this and also the fact that John B was Jo's brother, he was very protective of her. Of course he loved JJ like his own brother, but he wasn't so sure how he felt if he and Jo were to get together. He accepted JJ despite his flaws, but that didn't mean he wanted someone like JJ for Jo. He just couldn't shake the feeling that one day he would snap and break his sister's heart.

"Yeah, yeah," JJ muttered. He waved the boys off as Kie and Jo skipped back over to the van. They both had wide smiles on their faces as two men flanked them holding large kegs of beer. They curtseyed graciously as the kegs were loaded into the van and thanked the guys before the group took off.

"You did it again!" JJ cheered.

He high fived the two girls excitedly as John B drove towards the beach.

"First party of the summer!" Jo exclaimed as she slapped JJ's hand.

The beach filled with people as soon as the group arrived with the beer. They gathered whatever cups they could find from the chateau and someone even brought a folding table to set them on. As the sun began to sink below the ocean, the party kicked into high gear.