eighteen

THE THREE GIRLS sat on the edge of the boat the next morning as they awaited the boys' return

THE THREE GIRLS sat on the edge of the boat the next morning as they awaited the boys' return. The sun was just beginning to rise in the sky when the motor could be heard.

"Uh oh! You guys forget your keys or something?" John B yelled teasingly.

"Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked," Jo whispered.

"Absolutely not," Sarah scoffed. Kie nodded in agreement.

The girls had changed out of their swimsuits and into their dry clothes. They stood up as the motorboat slid up beside them and they got to their feet.

"You gotta admit, it was kinda funny," John B smirked.

"Hilarious," Jo scoffed sarcastically.

She tossed her bathing suit at her brother as she hopped into the boat and smacked JJ upside the head.

"Ow!" He whined. "What was that for?"

"For agreeing to this shit!" Jo exclaimed.

"Mastermind, huh?" Kie asked with raised brows.

"I'm always plannin," John B shrugged proudly.

"Some patriarchal bullshit," Kie commented bitterly.

"Yeah, that sucked," Sarah added.

"You still love us though, right?" JJ asked. He glanced down at Jo and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll have to think about it," she sighed playfully. "Give me three to five business days."

"You hate me?" John B asked Sarah.

"A little," she replied, folding her arms over her chest.

"We're gonna get you back when you least expect it," Jo said mysteriously.

Kie nodded. "Better watch your backs, boys."

"Well I, for one, welcome that challenge," Pope smirked.

"Me too," JJ hummed as he looked at Jo lustfully.

"So, did you guys... you know?" Pope questioned.

"Reconcile our differences?" Kie asked.

"Mm-mm," Sarah shook her head.

"Not even close," Jo scoffed.

"But we're... willing to work together?" Sarah continued.

Jo and Kie hummed in agreement as they settled themselves on the little boat and the group took off.

"You know what? That's victory," John B said triumphantly.

"I'll take it," Pope smiled.

"Woogity woogity woogity!" The boys cheered.