nine

"HOLD ON, SO these dirtbags held you at gunpoint?" JJ asked incredulously

The Pogues were on their way to Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. They had devised a plan to use the internet in a hotel there to find out exactly where the Royal Merchant wreck was and figure out what to do from there. Jo was currently recounting their run in with the square groupers after she'd found John B wandering the streets.

It made his blood boil to hear that two full grown men were chasing his girl, let alone grabbing her and pulling a gun on her.

His heart broke a little as he realized that Jo wasn't his girl, even though he wanted her to be.

But that wouldn't stop him from being protective and making sure that no harm came to her as long as he could help it.

"Not the point, but yes," Jo said as she tried to continue explaining how they had given the compass to the sherif.

John B had also had to get bailed out of jail and then proceeded to get fired, but those details weren't as crucial to the story in regards to finding lost gold.

"Not the point?" JJ cried. "They're out for blood and they tried to kill you, how is that not the point?"

"J, I'm fine," Jo promised.

His stomach exploded with butterflies at the nickname and he scoffed quietly.

"Next time I see those assholes, I'm gonna fuck them up big time," JJ said angrily.

"Alright, that's great, but can we focus?" Pope asked impatiently. "Let's just get in and out of this hotel before any Kooks notice us."

"Yeah, I'll keep lookout," JJ said. He pulled out his gun as John B pulled into the parking lot. "We're behind enemy lines."

"Oh my god, again?" Jo asked. "Are you kidding me?"

"I'm sorry, did you not just tell me about how two douches tried to jump you?" JJ asked as he turned to face the brunette. "You can never be too careful."

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve," Pope said as he slid out of the van and stood next to JJ's window.

"Thank you, Pope," John B said as he ran his hand over his face.

"I swear to god I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ," Jo leaned forward so that her body was between the two front seats and grabbed the gun from him. "Put it back."

"You can't grab a gun like that," JJ scoffed.

He turned to face Jo and she smirked. It was only then that she realized how close together the two were, only mere inches apart. They could feel each other's breath on their skin as they stared into the others eyes. JJ's beautiful blues flickered from Jo's brown eyes to her full lips. He let his tongue peek between his lips to wet them and swallowed thickly before sliding out of the van. Jo let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding as she followed Kie out of the car and into the hotel.