twenty five

KIE DROVE THE Pogues to the ferry in hopes of getting the twins off the island and helping give them a head start somewhere else, preferably not in the U

KIE DROVE THE Pogues to the ferry in hopes of getting the twins off the island and helping give them a head start somewhere else, preferably not in the U.S. Jo dozed in and out of sleep as they waited in the long line of cars. She was beyond exhausted but at the same time she was afraid to go to sleep and let her guard down.

"Okay," Pope said nervously as he got back into the car. "Okay, alright, um, bad news."

"Pope, can you act normal?" Kie asked impatiently.

"Uh, the ferry's closed," Pope said. He handed a flyer back to JJ. "And, there is this."

"Shit," Kie cursed. 

"What is that?" John B and Jo chorused.

"Well, these are good framers of you," JJ said. He turned to show the flyer to the siblings and Jo's heart jumped into her throat.

"Oh my god," she whispered, sinking down lower in her seat if that was even possible. "Oh my fucking god. This is it. This is the end."

"Everything's gonna be fine, baby," JJ soothed the brunette.

"So, the whole island's looking for Jo and John B right now," Pope stated.

"That's a lot of money," Kie whispered nervously.

"Congratulations, you guys are officially famous," Pope said uneasily.

"Shut up!" JJ snapped.

The situation was putting him on edge. He always protected Jo and made sure no harm ever came to her so long as he could help it. Unfortunately, this was one of the times that he couldn't fix it, and it was stressing him out. He wouldn't be able to bare it if Jo and John B got arrested for something they didn't even do. The thought of Jo being subjected to juvi scared the shit out of him.

"Guys, we gotta get to the MHS. We need small, no running lights —"

"It's at the Chateau, Kie," Jo interrupted the girl.

"I wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out," JJ thought aloud. "Let me think. Oh yeah, no. They definitely have that place locked down."

"Thank you, JJ, you're not helping," Jo hissed nervously.

"Yeah, copy that," Kie sighed.

"Let me think, just give me a second," Pope murmured.

Jo dared to peek her head up just enough so that she could see her surroundings. She didn't like it. There were way too many people and she was starting to get paranoid. She didn't want anyone to spot them. JJ quickly turned around to reach behind him and yanked Jo back down. He began to scold her when Pope spoke up again.

"JJ, does your dad still have that boat?"

"The Phantom?" Jo queried curiously.

"Maybe," JJ narrowed his eyes as he watched the gears start turning inside Pope's head.