eight

THE TWINS TOOK off in their trusty van once more, this time with a new plan in mind

THE TWINS TOOK off in their trusty van once more, this time with a new plan in mind. Jo was buzzing as John B drove down to Pope's place to pick up the rest of their friends. All the grief and heartache she had endured earlier in the day (and yet another near-death experience) had dissipated after discovering that a maiden name in their family tree was Redfield. So, the clue wasn't to the lighthouse.

It was to a graveyard.

John B rolled up and honked the horn. Jo slid the back door open and stuck her head out with a grin.

"This better be good," JJ said as he hit his joint.

"Oh, it is," Jo called with a smirk.

JJ took his usual seat shotgun and Pope climbed in the back with the brunette girl. They headed out to the Wreck to retrieve Kie, but when Pope went to get her and came out alone, saying that she wasn't coming, Jo was confused.

"Dude, what'd you do?" JJ asked accusingly.

"John B?" Jo questioned.

"I got it," he sighed as he got out of the van.

"You think they finally kissed?" JJ chuckled.

"What?" Pope and Jo asked in unison.

"You know the rules, JJ," Jo sighed.

The three of them recited the rule Kie had come up with simultaneously. "No Pogue on Pogue macking."

John B was the number one enforcer of that rule, so if he had broken it then Jo was literally going to kill him.

"I'm just saying," JJ shrugged. "We all know they kinda have a thing."

"What?" Jo asked. "Since when?"

"Dude, are you fucking blind?" JJ retorted. "They're always like giving each other forlorn looks and Kie always wants him to be so safe. They're like freakin' modern day Romeo and Juliet."

"Oh my god," Jo laughed. "Shut up, JJ."

"I must say, I'm impressed with that analogy," Pope complimented.

"I watched the movie," JJ shrugged.

"Of course you did," Pope and Jo said in sync.

Moments later John B returned to the van with Kie in tow and the remaining three friends cheered.

"Welcome back," Jo smirked as Kie climbed into the back. "Let's roll!" She whooped as John B took off again.

"You mind if I just relax on this one?" JJ asked as he took another hit from his joint. "It's been a long day and a lot of weird shit's gone down."

"Dude, don't even start with me," Jo scoffed as she recalled being chased by pirates earlier in the day.

"I'm just gonna lay low," JJ continued with a shrug. "You want a hit of this?" He asked Pope.