Chapter 5

Idina's POV:

"Where is she?" I hear a voice. I turn to where that voice came from and I see a middle aged woman rushing in the waiting room with a man, probably her husband.
Molly runs to them.
"She's still inside. We don't know anything, no one would tell us" she says.
So they're Regina's parents. The moment I've been waiting for has arrived. It's time to confront them.
"You." says the woman, pointing to me full of anger. Then she starts walking to me.
"You are the reason why my daughter is in this situation. It's all your fault!" she yells.
"I-"
"Laura, stop! It's not Idina's fault. You should be proud of your daughter because what she did is priceless!" yells Molly.
I look at her.
"Thanks, Molly, but I can handle this by myself." I say. Then I turn to the woman.
"I don't know if you know me, but if you do, forget everything you've ever heard about me. I'm not the Idina Menzel everyone talks about. I'm just Idina. I'm a person, a human being, just like everyone. What your daughter did wasn't saving Idina Menzel. Yes, she probably did that because she loves me, but tonight she didn't save a Idina Menzel's life. She saved another human's life. She would have done that even if it wasn't me. Think about Molly being in that situation- I say, turning to Molly- I bet she would have done the same. So, let's keep this easy, because as crazy as it might sound, I love your daughter. I care about her, and I won't let her go away without at least having fought."
The room gets silent. Everyone is staring at me. As it should bother me. Come on, I grew up at people staring at me. This isn't intimidating.
Then, suddenly, Regina's parents move, and sit down.
Molly comes to me.
"You did a great job, there" she says.
I smile.
"Do you think she will make it?" I ask.
Silence.
"She's strong. And stubborn. If she wants something, she doesn't stop until she gets it. I think that if she fights for her life, if she really wants to live, then she might make it." she says, after a few seconds.
I don't reply. Instead, I put an arm around Molly's shoulders, and I pull her closer to me, so that her head is on my chest.
"You haven't slept in hours. It's okay, I will wake you up if something happens." I say.
She stands up.
"No, you have to sleep. You did a show and you almost got killed. I will wake you up if something happens."
I look at her. She's right. I didn't really think of sleeping. But now that she talked about it, I'm exhausted.
"Okay..." I say, yawning.
Molly smiles, then sits back down. She puts my head on her legs, and she covers me with her coat.
"Sweet dreams, Idina. Maybe when you wake up Regina will be here"
I squeeze her arm, to let her know I heard her. I'm too tired to reply. Plus, I don't really know what to say. I just really wish to wake up and find out that it was just a horrible nightmare. But I know it won't happen. A person actually tried to kill me, and one of my fans saved my life, risking hers. I know I shouldn't be the victim here, but this is harder than I thought.
Keep fighting, Regina. Don't give up.