Chapter 14

Regina's POV:

Are they insane?! Opening the window and make a speech?! And Molly isn't even trying to stop Idina?! No, no, no. This can't happen. It's too risky. Come on, Molly, just stop her. Idina, don't open the window. Don't.
I hear Idina's footsteps in the room.
"Okay, now let's do this" she says.
No, stop. Stop!
I hear the click of the window opening.
Fresh air comes into the room.
A point of no return.

Idina's POV:

As soon as I open the window, people start shouting and whistling. Exactly what they shouldn't do.
"Calm down! Please, be quiet! Guys... Guys!" I say, trying to shut them up.
Ugh. I really don't want to do this. But I have to.
I clear my throat. I take a deep breath.
"SHUT UP!" I scream at the top of my lungs.
Everyone gets quiet almost instantly.
"Hello, everyone. I'm sorry for screaming at you, but you wouldn't be quiet. I appreciate you all coming here to support me and Regina, but do you realise that this way you're putting mine and Regina's life, and also yours, in danger? There might be more people who want to kill me, and the first attempt didn't went well. They might try again, but in a bigger way this time. So, I'm begging you guys, go home. I love you, each one of you, but go home, for mine, Regina's and your safety." I say.
There's no need to shout anymore.
Someone starts crying, someone helds up a sign that says we love you! and someone just stands still.
"I love you. Goodbye" I say. Then I step back, and I close the window.
Both Molly and me sigh heavily. We risked so much doing that.
I look out of the window, and I gladly notice that people are going away.
"Okay. It's fine now" says Molly.
"Yeah..." I whisper, sitting on my bed.
I look at Regina.
"This all hearing me and the fact that you couldn't stop me probably scared you. I'm sorry, Regina. But I'm fine now. Nothing happened to me. You have nothing to worry about." I say to her. Then I kiss her forehead.
I lay down on my bed, and Molly joins me.
She hugs me tight, and we cry in silence. I can't really tell if these tears are joyful or sad ones.

Regina's POV:

Okay, it's over. Idina's made the speech, the people are gone, both Molly and Idina are fine. And I'm fine.
I swear, sometimes Idina is stubborn, and Molly is constantly stubborn, so if you give them the same goal, they will just reach it, no matter what happens. That moment could have turned out in a catastrophe. Not just for Idina, also for all the Fanzels down there. But it didn't.
Maybe we're wrong. Maybe there are no people who want to kill Idina. Maybe it was some random guy who didn't know what he was doing.
As much as I wish I could believe this, deep down my soul tells me that's not true.
Some people actually want to kill Idina. And they will try everything they can to reach their goal.