Chapter 15

His sister was pretty. I couldn't take my eyes off her, but then there's this guilty feeling that made me look away. It felt like I was cheating on someone  even though I'm not in a relationship. That's so weird.

She slumped down beside her brother with an annoyed expression.

"Judging by the look on your face, your date didn't end well, did it?" Reed rested his arm on her chair, waiting for her to talk.

She rolled her eyes at him. "It was a disaster! A complete disaster! I don't even know where you found someone like her,"

"Brooke is nothing but a sweetheart! How come it was a disaster?"

"She's a nerd, Reed. She's way out of my league. She started talking about math and her rocks collection. Do you think that's cool?"

"I think it's cute. What do you think, Amber?" They both turned their heads to me.

"And who you might be?" Blaire raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh sorry! How rude of me. Amber, I want you to meet my sister, Blaire. Blaire this is Amber," Reed introduced us.

I handed out my hand for her to shake. "Nice to meet you, Blaire." I smiled.

She took my hand, smiling at me. "It's very nice to meet you too. Hey, Reed? Why didn't you hook me up with her rather than with Brooke? She's totally a babe,"

Reed laughed, patting her back. "Cause I like her and she's my date." That caused my face to flush.

"Why be with him if we could be together?" She smirked, winking in my direction. I chuckled awkwardly although I'm kinda getting used to people flirting with me because of Lucy.

And why am I thinking about her again?!

This was making my head hurt. I just don't know what to do anymore and how to stop thinking about her.

"Blaire, she's straight." Her brother informed.

"Really?" I nodded at her. She bit her lower lip, looking like she's thinking about something. "Hey bro?"

"Yep?"

"You might want to ask Amber if she wants to eat something. She looks hungry."

"Oh, sure! What should I get you?" He stood up, fixing his hair that blocked his eyes.

"Just a burger and Mountain Dew." I smiled sweetly at him, appreciating how much of a gentleman he was.

"I'll have a coffee," Blaire said.

Reed nodded and went to fall in the line, leaving me alone with his sister, which made me a little shy and awkward. Meeting new people was something I'm not good at. That's why I only have a few friends, but I'm okay with it. Having a few friends that are real was better than having tons who are fake.

Blaire was watching her brother who's waiting patiently in the line before turning her gaze to me. "Alright, babe, tell me the truth,"

I was confused about what she's talking about. "What do you mean?"

"You're not straight, are you?"

"Uh... I am..?" Instead of a statement, it came out more like a question. Like I wasn't certain.

"Why do you sound like you're not certain about your answer?"

"I am," I said firmer. Now I was sure of my answer.

She eyed me for a while, glancing behind to check on her brother, then back to me. "Look at the line, we have time. Now, Amber, make me your human diary. I can read people and you're definitely bothered by something and it seems like you're just forced to go out with my bro." She blurted.