Chapter 30

Two days have passed and I was still at Lucy's house.

The lovebirds left the next morning after the day I first stayed over. Lexi asked me if I wanted to stay at her house for a day, but Lucy didn't want me to and the two ended up fighting over me. Of course, Lucy won, and I had no problem with staying here much longer.

It was already night time and I was in the backyard, swaying back and forth on the swing bed as I looked up at the bright stars. Lucy was eating out with her friends so I decided to come out here for a while.

Then suddenly, every light turned on, making the place a whole lot brighter. A familiar song started playing in the background. It was magical; fairy lights were on the wall, wrapped around the trees, and across the place. The ripples from the pool combined with the light reflecting off of them made everything feel like a dream.

"There you are. I've been looking all over for you," Lucy came out of the house, wearing a long red dress with a slit on her right leg.

I sat up on the swing and didn't reply. I was admiring how pretty she was and how that dress looked so good on her. Her wavy hair was pulled back with a clip. I was lost for words and thought how did I get so lucky to have her?

"Are you staring cause I look pretty or are you looking for the right words to say to me?"

Can I say both? "Your dress... It's red," I said stupidly.

"OMG, you're correct! Now, what's the color of my eyes?" Rolling my eyes as she chuckled and held my hands. "Let's go dance,"

She tugged my hands but I pulled away from her grasp. "I can't dance-"

"Bullshit!"

"I beg your pardon?" I scoffed.

"I've seen you dance in your room,"

"Someone's been watching,"

"Can't help it. Every time I sneak a peek in your room, you always do something interesting,"

"Creep."

"That I am. Please dance with me," She begged.

Shaking my head, I went back to lie down but she pulled me up. My feet were now on the ground again. "Your backyard is beautiful. How come I've never been here?" I asked

"You always go straight into my room, so I don't know," She gave me a shrug.

"Might come here often-"

"Stop avoiding me and let's dance,"

I glared the girl in front of me as she gave me an innocent smile. She put her arms around my neck, locking her hands together so I couldn't escape, my hands found their way to her waist. Once we started swaying along with the music, I turned my attention to the ground and decided to just keep my head low, not planning to look her in the eye.

"Aren't you a shy one?" She teased.

"No..."

"Then how come you won't look at me in the eye?"

"Cause I might forget how to breathe if I looked into your eyes..." I finally glanced at her.

We stared at each other for a bit before bursting into laughter. We both hate cheesy stuff and we sometimes tease each other with it.

"I can't believe you just said that!"

"Was it not the most beautiful thing I've ever said to you?"

"Yes. It will be forever stuck in my head," She joked.

"Please make it your bio on your Instagram,"

"'I might forget how to breathe if I looked into your eyes' dash, Amber Stines. Sounds like a good bio to me,"