I was too late ( Part 7 )

"That test was a piece of cake!", Haechan said as he did a chefs' kiss.

I giggled at his cute actions & he smiled at me.

"How about we study for the final exams later?", I said to him.

"Sure!", he said as the bell rang, knowing it's already dismissal time.

Haechan stood up & said, "I'll just go somewhere. I'll be back! It will be very quick!", he quickly ran away.

I smiled as he slowly disappeared in the crowd. I continued fixing my things & I heard guys talking behind me.

"She's crazy, right?", "Should we call the hospital?"

I felt my heart aching. I couldn't just fight them & I'd probably be dead meat. I just sighed as took my bag & walked away from them.

A guy took my wrist & asked, "Where are you going, Y/n?"

"Let go of me...", I said pushing his hand of my wrist with my other hand.

His grip became tighter & I bit my lip because of the pain.

"Awww~~, little Y/n's hurt?", another guy said, as he ruffled my hair.

It was so uncomfortable. All I could do was wait for Haechan to come back. I tried to run away, but I was too slow.

They start to trash-talk about me. Their words hurt like knives stabbing me continuously.

Where are you Haechan..?

I just looked down, feeling scared.

Until I heard Haechan's voice.

"Yah!", all of us turned to Haechan's voice.

"What are you doing?", Haechan asked one of the guys.

I took the chance to run away & leave. I waited for Haechan in the front door of school.

I felt so worried about him. I should've done somthing... I suddenly remembered the pepper spray Mother gave me. I quickly took it & went back inside.

I realized I was too late. I already saw the group of guys walking away & Haechan blacked out on the ground.

I felt so guilty. I should've remembered my pepper spray earlier. I sighed & felt disappointed at myself.

"Y/n?", Haechan asked.

I quickly helped him to stand up. I took our bags & brought it. I put his arm around my shoulder as we both walked back home.

Even though he was heavy, I still continued to help him. I couldn't just leave him there. I started to sweat a lot.

"You can let go of me if I'm too heavy...", Haechan said softly.

"It's okay.. I can help you..", I said to him.

It felt like we were going to arrive in my house after millions of years.

After a long walk, we finally arrived. I brought Haechan to my room. I couldn't talk with Mother at first.

I locked my door & made Haechan sit on my bed. He's a bloody mess... I called Mother for help & she helped me with Haechan.

"What happened to you..?", Mother asked.

"I just.. I slipped...", Haechan lied.

Mother knew right away that he lied.

"So who did it?", Mother asked, knowing what happened.

"Well, just.. random students.", Haechan said.

"I'll just get more water.", I said as I took the bowl of water Mother used to take care of Haechan's wounds.

I poured out the water & filled it in with new, clean water. I went back upstairs & put it on the ground.

Mother continued to take care of Haechan's wounds. He would hiss, groan & do other stuff to endure the pain, like biting his lip & hitting the bed.

After a while, it was okay, but Mother said that he still needed to rest a bit more. Mother left the room knowing her job is done.

Haechan thanked him & she smiled. She left the room & we were now alone.

"Are you gonna be absent tomorrow?", I asked him.

"Well, I can't leave you alone for a day. I couldn't even leave you for 15 minutes.", Haechan chuckled.

"What did you do by the way? Where did you go..?", I asked Haechan.

"Get my bag.", Haechan said.

I quickly took his bag & opened it. I saw two bottle of coffee in his bag.

"I thought that.. maybe you wanna study earlier... I just bought some coffee, so we can save a bit more of time.", Haechan said.

I felt my heart ache.

"That's so sweet of you...", I said as I hugged him.

He groaned in pain & I quickly broke the hug, stepping away from him.

"End of Part 7"