The Real Secret ( Part 25 )

I took Winter for a walk in the park & looked around if Haechan was also around. Sadly, he wasn't.

I sat down on a bench & thought about Haechan.

Why did he suddenly.. just dissapear like that? Did I do something wrong? What could I've possibly done to make him leave me?

I thoughts were so deep that I forgot about Winter. I quickly looked around & he was already gone.

I immediately stood up & checked the whole neighborhood to see where he would've gone. It took hours & hours, but I wasn't able to find him.

I went to the police station & said to the officers that there's a lost dog in the neighborhood, it was white & is still so young.

After that, I went back home without Winter. I felt so sad. He would even sometimes remind me of Haechan.

I went home & saw Mother. I hugged her & silently cried.

"What happened sweetie?", she asked as she hugged me.

"I lost Winter.", I said & pouted.

"It's okay, we'll find him soon.", Mother said as she comforted me.

"Y/n..?", Mother said.

"Yeah?", I asked her.

"I've seen that.. you're mature enough to know that..", she stopped.

"Mature enough to know what?", I asked her as confusion took over me.

"Well...", she looked so worried about me.

"Don't be get mad, okay?", Mother said.

"Why? Is something wrong?", I asked her.

"You're sick.. ever since you were little.", Mother confessed as she looked down.

"And Haechan... he's just your imaginary friend.", Mother said with pain in her eyes.

My heart ached.

"What do you mean?", I asked her & felt a lump in my throat.

I didn't wanted to believe her. She can't be joking right now...

"Your doctor said that you have this some kind of sickness that makes you have your own imaginary friends.", Mother said.

Tears slowly ran down my eyes. I quickly ran to my room & checked all of the polariods. She was telling the truth.

The picture showed me wearing the princess costume I wore when Haechan & I were little.

"It can't be...", I said.

I felt so sad. I couldn't accept the fact that this was my whole life: I was just imagining all of this. I sat on the floor & stared at all the pictures.

It was just me, no Haechan was present in any of the pictures. I quickly opened my drawer to check if I had the necklace Haechan gave me.

It wasn't there...

"No...", I said as I cried.

I checked my phone & didn't have Haechan's number. I quickly put in his number & phoned it.

"Hello?", an unfamiliar man said.

I quickly hang up & felt my whole world crushing.

"Y/n... I'm sorry.", I heard Mother said.

"Is that why Ms. Kim talked with you..? Did you talk about my sickness & Haechan?", I asked Mother with tears.

"Yes...", she said & looked down.

I tried to remember everything that Haechan & I did. Everything felt so real. It didn't felt like an imagination in any way.

Mother quickly hugged me & whispered 'sorry's' to me. I cried & hugged her back. She caressed my hair & cried as well.

She broke the hug & gave me some time, alone. I sat on my bed & cried continuously. Something suddenly came into my head.

I quickly went to my cabinet& saw the same coffee bottle that Haechan gave me.

"How could this possibly be here..?", I said as I held unto it.

I sighed & placed it on my nightstand. I checked our groupchat to see if the text I sent was ever sent.

My message wasn't sent. I threw my phone on my bed & sighed heavily. I ruffled my hair & whispered 'Haechan'.

"End of Part 25"