Porridge

Margarethe Grimalde

The doctor gave the maids what to give the ball of fever in front of me. I couldnt let go of the tiny hands still holding unto mine.

"Make a porridge right this instant, and bake a fresh bread."

The maids slightly startled at me speaking I glared at them.

"Dozt thou not hear mine beautiful vpice that ye still stand idly in front of me?!"

"Y-yes ma'am!"

The kitchen maids that love this little ball hurried to leave for the door.

The personal maids quietly left after seeing no signs of me leaving, these beauty is indeed a beauty to behold for them to stare at me for 5 whole minutes... I counted.

"Sister Greta? Why are you here?"

I composed my expression and mannerism as I let go of the hand but she held on.

"Next time if you are feeling sick tell me so... there is no honor in keeping your pain to yourself, only suffering. Do you understand?"

Freya, with a bit of tears welling up her eyes nodded happily.

A bit of memory flashed through my mind,

I was sitting on the floor still craving for even a bit of soup, the spoon upon the floor. Seeing my reflection I couldn't help but feel that I was improper so I fixed myself the best I could and mother came in a bit later finally smiled at me for the first time in months,

"There we are! You are finally looking more of a Grimalde!"

She held a mirror towards me,

"You see, look at your reflection much more appropriate right? Come outside and let's ear smdinner together with your father."

Yey! I can finally eat with mother and father again after so many months, a bit of tears welled up on my eyes when,

Holding my face very hard her stare starting to scare me,

"Do not cry, that is very unbecoming. Hou are not eating with us, but you will have dinner for fixing yourself up."

I stare at the ball of fever in the midst of crying,

"Do not cry... it is not appropriate dear Freya."

"Yes sister!"

"Sit up and eat this porridge, after you get better we will get your diet in a more healthy way unlike mine schedule."

She happily munched on the porridge like it was the most delicious thing, indeed even now to me a porridge is the most delicious thing couoled with a fresh bread that Jessica would sometimes sneak in for me to eat.

"Finish it up, not even a single grain. That is your punishment for not speaking up when you have to speak up."

"Y-yes Sister!"

"Don't talk when your mouth is full."

She wiped her mouth after a while and smiled at me,

"Thank you sister Greta!"

"There is no need for such gratitude. I am leaving I will send for the maid to wait on you."

Walking back the maids all stared at me as I made my way, my dignity is beyond compare for such lowly maids they are even lucky to see the sight my hair this close up.

Running amidst the maids staring at me a girl with her glasses on made me focus on her.

"You the maid running. What is your name?"

"I am Jessica, ma'am."

"Well, Jessica why did you keep on running even in the sight of me?"

"Umm..I dodnt know I am just a newby in here I am so sorry maam please dont fire me I really need this job!"

I glared at her as she kept on rambling.

"There is no need for another Jessica in this house, you are fired."

Her eyes shocked round eyes welling in tears,

I hate tears the most so I took the clothe she is holding and used it to cober her face.

"I hate tears the most, remember that the next time that I see you... since ye really need this job then I shall be merciful but don't make me see you ever again, Jessica. If I ever see you, that will be the last time you ever be a maid in one of the nobilities household ."

Strutting away from the scene the maids ruched towards the sob mess of a maid on the floor.