Traitor

Edward Pierre

"Your Highness, Lady Margathe of the Grimaldi household hath request to meet you."

"Let her and her guards in."

Chris hearing this dropped the documents and went to leave but I stopped him,

"Where are you going? I am pretty sure she came here directly knowing you are here helping me as usual."

"Lady Margarethe Grimaldi, offers my humble greetings the Crown Prince Edward Pierre."

"Enough formalities just sit down I got the maids to get some snacks."

"Snacks is not needed this is highly classified your highness."

I knew she was serious, Chris and I sat in by the couch where she sat I sent all the maids away and left the trusted aides.

"Mine Grimaldi house is very peculiar as you know, we fire people every month and you will never see the same face when you visit out house, but there is one exception, even when she is treated unfairly she stays in the house, today i finally for her whipped but I saw an insignia on her back, as you know my mother is from the Terra, our previous seclusive enemy neighbour country, that is why I am familiar of their private insignia, when I was a child I have seen this insignia in letters she had received, that same insignia is on her back."

"And? She might have been brought back by your mother as her maid?"

"They don't know each other. Or maybe they act like they dont know each other. This humble servant does not know."

Finding the sudden polite speech weird I found that my shadow guards have returned.

"It is fine. They are my guards."

Koffer, one of my shadow guards appeared out of the dark. Clearly finding fault in Margarethe.

"So what you are saying is that there might be a spy in your house and what does that have to do with disturbing his majesty."

"If thou hast let mine story be finished ye might have heard the whole story."

"Then do tell us so as to hurry this meeting."

Margarethe glared daggers at Koffer, Koffer ignoring the Lady but puppy eyed stared at Chris, tsk tsk this young master does not even know the battles his not-yet lover's face.

"Tell me young lady shadow of Prince Edward, why hast thou been hostile towards the ME, the Eldest daughter of the Grimaldi household?"

"Nothing, I just hate you."

Margarethe seemingly likes this lady's candor.

"Give me thine name young lady, be honored I ask of thine name."

"I am Koffer James! I am of the Jameseville Clan! Why should I be honored to be asked by someone like you? Hmph!"

"Jameseville?"

"Yeah! Ypu must have heard of our feat! We have served under the Royal family for thousands of years now! So are you intimidated enou---?!"

Finding this a bit funny i almost let out a laugh but when I looked at Chris he was looking at Margarethe makinh me look at Margarethe as well... THAT is definitely not good, that is the first time she has ever made such face. Her eyes reflected one thing, pure hatred.

"Clearly you are of Jameseville, thine speech I remember clearly. Your highness, I am not feeling well, I shall come back when I feel better. And clearly to someome my report is of great importance to interrupt meand treated me with utmost respect."

She spat those last words spitefully and left still angry.

Chris hurriedly followed the angry Margarethe.

"Koffer, next time don't anger the eldest daughter of duke Grimaldi she is an important ally amidst the fight for throne."

"We don't need her! You can just use her sister! I dont like that lady! You can use our family all you want! We dont need something like that! What noblesse oblige? That is nonsense! She is just the same as her mother! Do you even remember what Duchess Grimaldi did to us? To YOU?!"

"Kofferina James Jameseville."

"Yes, your highness. I shall depart for now."

The Grimaldi siblings are indeed good pawns in this fight but they are not enough. I need someone better, I wonder of the child in the duchess belly?

Chris Liechen

"Greta!"

"What is it?!"

Greta turned at me angrily. The royal guards seemed taken aback by her sudden lack of manners.

"You're still beautiful even when your angry, now if you'd just calm down and come with me, please?"

With my honest comment she seemed to have been taken aback and started to calmed down, my hands still up for the taking was taken by her warm hands.

I took her to my office but left the guards out and ordered the maids to get some snacks.

"You asked me here for a snack?"

"Yes, since it seemed you haven't eaten your ritualistic snacking on Monte Grande."

"Do YOU have Monte Grande RIGHT NOW?"

"Who am I? I am Chris Liechen there is nothing in this world I wouldnt be able to get."

"Stuck Up."

"Look who is talking."

Her mood finally lightened up comeoletely when the Monte Grande appeared she ate quietly as I continued on the left behind documents.

"That was quite lovely."

"You cool yet?"

"Refreshingly. Now tell me what is it that you want to know?"

"Tell me your suspiscions first, don't tell the prince yet."

"Why?"

"If this is about Tera then it is a sensitive topic especially towards Prince Edward."

"Why?"

"Have you heard of the song of the ballad of Claire Solaire?"

"Yep, that's a song I favor for its meaning."

"Then don't sing it in front of the Prince, if you want to stay in his good favor."

"I sang it before and he heard me."

"Anyways, now you knwo just be careful of that song. Just out with it that story or speculation of yours."

"I am still investigating, and I suspect that in every dukedom is a spy."

"That 'T' insignia, how was it illustrated?"

"That of the Treya, Tera's secret alphabet."

"Then I am afraid that ypir suspicion might be right, the East branch that I ibliterated had the same mark in their backs, I just happened upon it when one of the ladies from that family was stripped naked about to be violated, then I ordered they strip them all even those were dead, they all had that same mark."

"That's weird, they are not of the Tera, right?"

"They are Asteria born, all of them."

"Then this is indeed serious. I shall investigate more on this. I'm going, I have to feed the commoners just abit later."

"Greta, be careful. Don't go sniffing around without yoir guards."

Opening her fan she smiled at me, a smile that she varely showed.

"Who am I? I am Margarethe Grimaldi nothing in this world can stop me."

I just smiled and shooed her away. Seeing her mood better I felt better.

That time back at the Crown Prince's Office her expression was murderous.

Jameseville, what happened between them to make her have that look of bloodlust in her?