Beginning of

Margarethe Grimaldi

"Lady Grimaldi! Welcome back! The Duchess have already packed up ready to leave! Both Lady Freya and young master Cloud were already sent out ahead to Terra! We must hurry."

Isabella frantically took clothes and pushed it upon the trunk.

"Isabella, if one must ran away to live then that is not living. This Eldest daughter of the duke Grimaldi shall not take upon the cowardly steps of such dishonorable people. Let them walk away, and I with mine dignity and splendid splendor shall take upon the task of Duchess Grimaldi."

"Lady Gretaaa!!! Please do this for your favored maid! You are going to die if you continue this path! Please just this once put down your pride and run away with me, we can stay at my hometown for now."

"Ye may go."

"What?"

"I said ye are dismissed, take thine bags and go."

"But... Lady Greta?"

I glanced at her with my fan open wide to hide a small smile about to escape mine mouth.

Before she went I gave her a bag of gold coins, a severance pay this much should be enough.

Needless be spoken I hated this house, now the pests are gone I shall enjoy my remaining peaceful days.

With no more maids to serve me I went towards the kitchen, abandoned with a few soup still boiling.

Moving my hands was nothing to me, afterall the years of serving commoners the work had been ingrained in mine mind.

Whilst drinking my afternoon tea, Freya knocked into my room.

"Sister, what happened to the intruders? Are you okay??"

"Chin up my dear, a person such as mine self shall not be defeated by measly critters."

"I am so sorry sister! This is my fault!"

"Absolutely not! Who told ye such thing?!"

"No sister you don't understand it's my fault! It's the---"

"Silence."

With absolute authority I beckoned her towards me, took ahold of her injured arms and examined it.

"Who dost such lousy wrapping?!"

Freya smiled sheepishly, the young lady obviously was left to herself by the maids.

She flicked her fan to hide her displeasure. She rang the bell to summon Isabella.

"Yes my lady,"

"Get me medicine to aid my sister, and fire all of Freya's maid. Such audacity to neglect mine dear sister!"

"Yes ma'am right away."

Freya liking our sudden comtact lay her head on my lap.

Raising my eyebrows but still stroked her hair like a cat, spoilt child.

"Ye are not a child anymore."

"It's okay you once said that even if I grew up I will always be your baby sister!"

Indeed I did say such childish thoughts.

"Lady Margarethe, His Highness Edward calls for you."

After such action, rest as a reward should be befitting. I flicked my fan to hide my annoyance towards the Prince.

"Is Sir Chris still cleaning the mess downstairs?"

"Yes ma'am, he was also summoned."

"I see."

"Sister are you leaving again?"

"Yes, need that be asked?"

Seeing the sad look on her face gave me a stab in my heart, but this is royal command one cannot just reject as such it would be discourteous!

Chris Liechen

"Greetings your highness."

"Sit, I called you both for serious matters."

Greta and I sat ourselves comfortably, Prince Edward's Shadow guards visible and with grim looks on their face.

"It seems that there are schemes against the royal family and the whole of Asteria. I have received a report of attacks in the borders."

Greta smirked and opened her fan, eyeing Koffer;

"Why am I called upon such meeting when we all know I stand not in thine grounds your highness."

"I have been given the report that together with the attack on house Grimaldi all the other  3 pillar families of Asteria had undergone difficulties."

"Difficulties?"

"As such I had thought of thine theory Lady Margarethe. I have sent my people to investigate the matter but the damage hath been done. The four noble families that supports the royal family is down."

"Tell me, your highness are you even certain that all this family indeed stood on your grounds against Tera?"

"The investigation shall answer thine questions."

"If I may say so myself the person that testified must be rewarded."

I looked at Greta, why would she say that?

"Oh, you want your reward, that was surprising! Alright since you have served me since we have met what is it?"

"Give me the Jamesville Clan."

"The reward you talk of isnt it too much for your feat?"

"I shall tell of you more of mine intel but mine reward I shall take."

"Do tell, and the reward shall be yours IF it's equal of worth."

Why would Greta want the Jameseville Clan? The House of Grimaldi is well known to be wise but I don't think it is wise to covet the Royal families' shadow guards.

"If mine theory is correct there will soon be a person of interest from House Nowerst to uptake any noble ladies i  the kingdom, even mine status."

Would there even be such person? Greta is impeccable already.

"Sofia Harrison, is this the person you speak of? I have heard news of her indeed, but how did you know? She was hidden so well from birth we can not find anything on her but she is indeed the talk of the palace."

"Mine intel is private, but this I tell thee your highness, soon House Volvola shall be the only pillar standing. Grimaldi shall be taken care of by me if needed I shall stand my grounds but there would really be bloox shed in the coming days, this had been premeditated, and thus we are blindsided. Whoever does this cannot toich the Volvola Family and thus would rather have them by their side."

"So what you are saying is..."

"One of the families are colluding with the enemy kingdom, there are factions split among the nobles but the minorities are very well under the Liechen's control, the majorities of the nobles are Asteria born but had also wed beautiful women from Tera."

"If they destroyed the nobles then the kingdom cannot stand by itself. We can only fight, your highness, House Liechen shall be of service to you. Whenever we are waiting for your command."

"If what you saying is true, then the enemy must also know that the king is ill, and intend to weaken us from within to take over the kingdom, am I correct?"

"Yes your highness."

"This is a highly confidential information, but then again how did you know Lady Margarethe Grimaldi?"

Swords were suddenly pointed towards Greta, I held mine to protect her but I was held down by Koffer and her other sword pointed at Greta's neck.

"How did you know of such information!? You traitorous bitch!"