Chapter 10

Despite the sunny weather and the sound of the bird happily chirping, the tensed atmosphere in the room continues to increase.

Ahhh...how they wish to run out of the room, away from the seething old woman and smiling child, eyes glinting with mischief.

"Watch your word, child." The queen mother sneered, glaring at me.

Giving her an eyes-closed smile, I sang, "Haaaiiiii~~"

The other stared at me in confusion, besides my family and Rose who already used to my vocabulary. Ignoring them, I give the still terrified maid a look.

"Sooo~~ want to answer my question?" My father gives me a questioning look.

"Lotte?" Mother called speedwalking and kneeling in front of me. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" Ray stand next to her, acting nonchalant but worry shone in his eyes.

"Mmm~ I'm fine." I patted her hand in reassurance before walking toward the maid on the floor.

"So? Miss maid. My question?"

The maid whimper, inching away from me. "Mis--"

"What is this about, child." The grey-haired woman interjects, her eyes flicked from me to the maid. Analyzing her for a while, I stared at her and the maid, back and forth.

"Someone tried to kill the queen," I told her nonchalantly. A couple of gasps can be heard in the room as I didn't avert my gaze from the old woman.

"What nonsense are you spouting, child. This is ridiculous." She let out a sigh and pinch the bridge of her nose.

Shrugging, I walk toward the makeup vanity in the room. "I'm telling the truth, y' know."

"You're just a child, stop this nonsense. And you think someone dares to kill the queen in this place, in this castle?" She scoffs, crossing her hand over her chest.

I hummed as I rummaged the makeup kit on the vanity, scrunching my face in disgust at the makeup. This thing will ruin your skin. Throwing some of the makeup and skincare on the floor, I continue to rummage the vanity, opening each drawer.

"Lotte, what are you---!!" Father speedwalk toward me, probably shocks when I just ransacking the queen's precious makeup but he stops when the queen herself called him.

"Well, if someone wants to kill you, they didn't care when they receive a handsome wage, ey." The queen mother glared at me, probably from the way I talk to her. "And if they want to kill the queen, they can do it easily. Cause there is no one who guards the door, no maid by her side, no one in this hallway, probably no one near this place."

I hear the king let out a quiet 'what?'.

"It's weird actually. There's no one who taking care of the queen, the mother of the kingdom, It's suspicious....very suspicious. Ahhh," I perk up when I saw a bottle of lotion.

"Lotte?" Mother called out. I lazily waved my hand at her, inwardly telling her there is nothing to worry.

Taking out a pink colour bottle from one of the drawers, I saw the maid froze from my peripheral vision. "I'm not telling that someone wants to kill her majesty using sword and such." Taking the bowl on the floor, I give it to father. "They want to kill her majesty slowly, making it look like she died from an illness." I continue to talk while walking toward the purple head duke.

"Father, can you tell me what kind of metal is this." He dumbly nodded his head as I walk toward the door, locking it before leaning on the big door, blocking the only way out.

"Ah, this is pewter. Tableware made of pewter is kind of popular lately, but it's kind of hard to find." Father mused.

I let out a hum and put the pink bottle on the floor, that thing is heavy. "Have any of you ever heard of lead poisoning?"